Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cold Air Induction / Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2005, 12:06 PM
adg

Default Cold Air Induction / Tuning

I have been researching CAI and tuners and it seems that the C&L and Steeda are the most common. They seem very similar, but the C&L is more expensive.

For the associated tune, I seem to like the Diablosport Predator. It has custom tunes for both of the above.

Are these mods worth the investment? Do you get the advertised increase in performance? What are your experiences with these mods?

Thanks

ADG

[sm=yikesomg.gif]
Old 05-20-2005, 12:48 PM
td1320
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Cold Air Induction / Tuning

ORIGINAL: adg

I have been researching CAI and tuners and it seems that the C&L and Steeda are the most common. They seem very similar, but the C&L is more expensive.

For the associated tune, I seem to like the Diablosport Predator. It has custom tunes for both of the above.

Are these mods worth the investment? Do you get the advertised increase in performance? What are your experiences with these mods?

Thanks

ADG

[sm=yikesomg.gif]
I have the SCT but I can tell you that they make a big difference. With any mod there is going to be a difference from vehicle to vehicle. As with the base Hp on a normal Mustang there is also a difference from Auto to Manual when figuring how much Hp you get from a tune. One shop says the Auto gets 5-8% les Hp to the tires on a typical performance tune. Also you can pic up sometimes a lot more Hp with a dyno tune from getting the A/F ratio correct. So how much you get from a generic tune will depend on your car. My Drag time is in my sig.
Old 05-23-2005, 12:01 PM
adg

Thought this would generate more discussion.

Anyone out there care to offer some experience??
Old 05-23-2005, 12:55 PM
LimeStang05
2nd Gear Member

I'm in the same boat. I've got $700 to burn and was thinking of buying the C&L and Diablo package off Ebay for $675. But with all the mods listed above, I'd be diappointed with a 13.41 et. (I'm not knokin your car). Maybe I should wait till I've got the money and order the supercharger.
Old 05-23-2005, 01:03 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

I have the Steeda and the Diablo Predator. Dyno showed 25 rwhp and 28ft. lb rwtq gain. When you combine the price of both pieces needed, yes, it does in fact make the $ to HP ratio a little bit out of whack. But there are alot of mods that do not necessairly follow the rules anymore. In my opinion, which ever you choose, yes, it is well worth the grin factor.

The toughest part of the Steeda install was getting the weather stripping on to the heat shield. That is about a 2 beer job with a rubber mallet. In fact, the next time I talked to Steeda, I told them that I would have paid an extra $10 if they would have put it on at the warehouse Excluding that, the Steeda install took about 10 minutes max including removing the vapor trap. Piece of cake. The Diablo tune ( counting download time and putting it on to the tuner ) takes maybe 15 minutes start to finish.

If you decide on the Predator, in my opinion, I recommend you getting the "Diablo" version and not a branded version. More versitile.