Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New grille, show, & Photoshoot

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 07:57 AM
Argonaut
4th Gear Member

Looks great. I may be a little biased:
Old 10-06-2008, 08:05 AM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by EagleStroker
Easy killer, I snapped that after I won the trophies they don't stay under my hood, I do keep those pictures up when I show it because they are my dyno sheets, my car looks stock without them.

And my cars definitely not the hottest car, it's hard to compete with cars that are bright red w/stripes when people don't know what they are looking at, but I still have a blast doing it. Appreciate jumping down my throat before asking questions
I totaly hear you on the, "my car looks stock without them" thing. Bleave it or not people think my car is a stock GT500 or some special type of Shelby at shows. I even have a show sign but they totaly miss the huge letters at the top that states, "Modifications". Even some Mustang owners are fooled by my car which I can't understand because I don't hide the fact that its just a GT LOL! All the GT badging is still on the car! It sucks when you go to a show that is not being judged by someone who knows what they are looking at and then to get beat by someone driveing a fully stock car. In two diffrent shows I've lost out to 2 brand new cars that were not even a week old, a 427 Roush and a 09 Vett. Those are the things that just make you scratch your head and wonder, "WTF?" But I love showing so I keep going...
Old 10-06-2008, 02:08 PM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

My thoughts exactly, I don't think dyno numbers are above or beyond by any means, i'm working on some brackets to hold those frames from the hood while it's up to cut down on the clutter, but still it's my ride, why knock how I show it?
Old 10-06-2008, 02:35 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

looks great man congrats
Old 10-06-2008, 06:37 PM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

My thoughts exactly, I don't think dyno numbers are above or beyond by any means, i'm working on some brackets to hold those frames from the hood while it's up to cut down on the clutter, but still it's my ride, why knock how I show it?
lol maybe cause you would have taken 1st to his second if he was at the show so hes pissed and trying to figure out a way to down play ya......lol was I close?
Old 10-06-2008, 06:43 PM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

Lol good point, I don't down other peoples rides though, oh well. Wish you lived closer I need my heads powder coated, having to save up to get em done here.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:52 PM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

Lol good point, I don't down other peoples rides though, oh well. Wish you lived closer I need my heads powder coated, having to save up to get em done here.
how much are you paying to have them done? The guy who does my stuff does alot of **** for a shop called ulitmate audio wich does alot of the orlando magics cars and big ballers out here who just drop off there **** and say make it look bad ***,lol

I learned my lesson though searching for a good powder coater, originally had my shelby hood pins dropped off at a industrial powdercoating company who charged me $125 for 2 god dam hood pins, I liater found out they just charge min of 125, wich is gay and they shouldof told me before I left them there. I go to my guy now and get my tips done my lower grille I have to fab and it only cost me $30........ya I got burned bad with the hood pins.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:07 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

congrats on the show, Eagle. the grill is a nice touch.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:16 PM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by onederful100
congrats on the show, Eagle. the grill is a nice touch.
Appreciate it man think it adds a pretty classy touch

Originally Posted by TOMBSTANG
how much are you paying to have them done? The guy who does my stuff does alot of **** for a shop called ulitmate audio wich does alot of the orlando magics cars and big ballers out here who just drop off there **** and say make it look bad ***,lol

I learned my lesson though searching for a good powder coater, originally had my shelby hood pins dropped off at a industrial powdercoating company who charged me $125 for 2 god dam hood pins, I liater found out they just charge min of 125, wich is gay and they shouldof told me before I left them there. I go to my guy now and get my tips done my lower grille I have to fab and it only cost me $30........ya I got burned bad with the hood pins.
Wow that really blows, the guy that does it here said he'd do it for under a 100, for the valve covers you can't really beat that, it's going to be the same color as our booth's tables like this

Think it's gunna look awesome with my alloy, gotta rep my Eagle lol
Old 10-06-2008, 07:46 PM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

Not sure why you got all bent by a simple comment. If you don't like to hear negatives, then you shouldn't post pics of your car. Which I didn't knock at the least. I envy your internal mods and I would take a stock appearance any day for internal mods.

I don't believe I was wrong to assume something on a forum. I was merely stating my opinion on how some people show their car. If that was only to show everything in one, then I stand corrected.

But it still doesn't change my second comment. And that's why do people show there car with won trophies?

Again, plaques and signs belong on the ground. I always hate to see a cluttered car. You said you were going to get mounts to mount on the hood. What about just getting a stand and putting them next to the sign. I would hate to see your ride at a show and think bad of it and not give it the respect it deserves.

Tombstang, sorry bro. My ***** is long enough. I don't need to start a second grade argument with you about "would've been situations."

Quick Reply: New grille, show, & Photoshoot