Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Boss style stripes (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 05:07 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Default New Boss style stripes (pics)

Hey guys, I spent a couple hours yesterday putting some stripes on the new 2009. I was originally going to "Vader" this thing out, but it seems that has gotten pretty popular (and that damn Knight Rider show didn't help convince me either). SO, being that I typically like to go my own way with things, I tried these on for size. I really like them, they turned out better than I thought they would. Install went fairly smoothly with only a few minor f-ups that aren't real noticeable. Not bad for an amateur anyway. I got them at graphic-express.com and I highly recommend that site for stripes as the quality is awesome.

I think I'm going to go with a retro feel on this thing, so perhaps some side and rear window louvers, and a 3D Carbon "Eleanor" grille are next. I'll stick with silver wheels when I replace the stockers to play into the silver stripes... Anyway, here are some pics:

Last edited by Mudflap; 10-05-2008 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Getting rid of some pics so the thread isn't bloated.
Old 10-05-2008, 05:09 PM
cobra443
4th Gear Member

Congrats on the new 09! Never seen those stripes before.
Old 10-05-2008, 05:13 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cobra443
Congrats on the new 09! Never seen those stripes before.
Thanks! Yeah, thats sort of my style usually... I try and go outside the norm. I wanted something different on this one like I did with my 07. I've noticed that the pics don't really do it much justice, it was pretty bright outside.
Old 10-05-2008, 05:24 PM
cougarfan088
2nd Gear Member

i think if you made the horizontal line parrallel to the body line it would look better, and if you switched the angle of the checker fad to the same angle as the side scoop it would look pretty good...maybe throw in some lettering?...i dunno just some thoughts

not a bad idea tho
Old 10-05-2008, 05:39 PM
Joolander
Lord High Protector

those stripes are new they look good (but the matching the body line thing is always a good idea)

i think you should put side scoops (so you're stripes look like they are being sucked into them), but then again i'm biased
Old 10-05-2008, 07:45 PM
lbballin9
3rd Gear Member

the sides dont look right because of the body...make sure everything aligns correctly...
Old 10-05-2008, 07:50 PM
Chris07GT
5th Gear Member

I don't know, man. It's cool that you did something different, but I don't really like them. Just my opinion.
Old 10-05-2008, 08:33 PM
5SPD07GT
Official Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Chris07GT
I don't know, man. It's cool that you did something different, but I don't really like them. Just my opinion.
sorry, but i have to agree. it looks like you are going two seperate ways with the small racing stripes then flaring out into big stripes down over the side...not feeling it at all.
Old 10-05-2008, 08:39 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Oh well, I figured nobody would like them. I just couldn't bring myself to be the 7 millionth car on the road with the same 2 LeMans stripes. The side stripes are lined up as per the kit specifications to within 1/16th of an inch tolerance. Where the hood faders come into the fenders is lined up perfectly with the tops of the sides. In other words, I didn't screw it up, that was how it was intended... Anyway, on the plus side, if I get tired of them or don't want them at some point, vinyl is easy to peel off. I really do feel like they look better in person. The sun was so bright, that the new silver stripes look almost photoshopped in the pics due to the reflection.

Last edited by Mudflap; 10-05-2008 at 08:47 PM.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:44 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

I respect everyone's opinion here, so maybe you guys can help. The side stripes were certainly the most controversial part of the kit for me. I still remain unsure if I like them or not, although they DO look a little better in person. I like the hood really well. Admittedly I am not that pleased with the way the side stripes fall on the car. I had hoped/thought they would be a little more square to run along the crease in the door as some have mentioned.

Anyhow, I want something on the sides. What do you guys think from these possibilities, assuming I keep the LeMans hood stripes with the "wings" that I like?

1) Fader stripes on the side. Heres a pic of my 07:

2) More conventional sides:

3) Reverse "C":

4) Ford Racing:

5) Standard "C":

Last edited by Mudflap; 10-05-2008 at 09:46 PM.

Quick Reply: New Boss style stripes (pics)