Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saleen Install on my 06GT

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 02:27 PM
Eric3d

Default Saleen Install on my 06GT

I purchased a NIB Saleen 475hp kit from a guy on the forums. Pretty good deal and finally got it all installed. I am an aircraft mechanic so I am pretty comfortable working on most anything. The install was very straight forward. The only real hickup was that my inter-cooler coolant pump did not turn on. Well after checking for power I realized that wiring 101 you always make sure you have a good ground. Turns out my ground to the frame was painted better than it looked and there was no contact. Easy fix.

I also installed the Air Oil separator. I still need to paint the bracket I made for that.

I figured this should be a pretty safe setup for the stock bottom end. Later I will probably work over the bottom end, but for now it should be more fun.

Other mods: Hurst Billet Shifter, Steeda Ultralight springs, BMR adj panhard bar, Shelby polished grill, and a GT500 spoiler.

Ah also need to wash and detail the engine bay BAD. Now I just need to find some other Stang guys here in Atlanta to hang out with.

Eric

Old 10-06-2008, 02:37 PM
moburto07GT
2nd Gear Member

very nice!! i hope to have a Saleen S/C in the next few months.....
Old 10-06-2008, 02:38 PM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

Very nice SC!
Old 10-06-2008, 02:43 PM
o7 tungsten
3rd Gear Member

car looks great
Old 10-06-2008, 02:54 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

looks really nice Eric3d and good job
on the oil separator
Old 10-06-2008, 02:58 PM
06elnr
5th Gear Member

Looks good bro!
Old 10-06-2008, 03:04 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Can you get a better intake? I think the Steeda works with the Saleen.
Old 10-06-2008, 03:13 PM
Blk06 Droptop
2nd Gear Member

looks good congrats on the diy install
Old 10-06-2008, 03:31 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Eric3d
I purchased a NIB Saleen 475hp kit from a guy on the forums. Pretty good deal and finally got it all installed. I am an aircraft mechanic so I am pretty comfortable working on most anything. The install was very straight forward. The only real hickup was that my inter-cooler coolant pump did not turn on. Well after checking for power I realized that wiring 101 you always make sure you have a good ground. Turns out my ground to the frame was painted better than it looked and there was no contact. Easy fix.

I also installed the Air Oil separator. I still need to paint the bracket I made for that.

I figured this should be a pretty safe setup for the stock bottom end. Later I will probably work over the bottom end, but for now it should be more fun.

Other mods: Hurst Billet Shifter, Steeda Ultralight springs, BMR adj panhard bar, Shelby polished grill, and a GT500 spoiler.

Ah also need to wash and detail the engine bay BAD. Now I just need to find some other Stang guys here in Atlanta to hang out with.

Eric
Where ya at Eric. Me & a few others are just North of Woodstock, GA and get together pretty much every weekend to do something. This weekend I'll be going out of town, but on Sat, 18-Oct, there's going to be a cruise-in (last one this season) right around the corner that I know we'll all be going to.
Old 10-06-2008, 03:36 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 05 Mustang
Where ya at Eric. Me & a few others are just North of Woodstock, GA and get together pretty much every weekend to do something. This weekend I'll be going out of town, but on Sat, 18-Oct, there's going to be a cruise-in (last one this season) right around the corner that I know we'll all be going to.
Hey Cam, you talking about the Mustangs Unlimited show that weekend?

Quick Reply: Saleen Install on my 06GT