Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My GT totaled

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 09:40 AM
algx
1st Gear Member

Damn!!!
Crumple zone FTW!
LOL @ Escape iron edition
Old 10-09-2008, 10:07 AM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

OUCH!

Did the other driver get ticketed/arrested? We need to know that justice was served. Was he/she high or asleep? Give us some details.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:03 AM
06Slicks

This is the rundown of what happened.
I was driving south to a friend’s birth day party at UIC. The route I was driving down was two - two lane roads (North and South) separated with a grassy median. Prior to my accident 6 teens were drinking and driving from a pre-homecoming party, when their car swerved off the road, rolled over the median, the other two lane street, into a ditch. http://img339.imageshack.us/my.php?image=004ze3.jpg
The police were closed down the two lane road going North (opposite way I was going).

I was driving past the accident in the right lane and there where cars pulled over on the shoulder on my side of the road so I slowed down. A few of them where pulling out. I reduced my speed to about 25 (speed limit 55). As I almost passing the whole line of fire trucks, ambulances, police cars that have arrived the lady behind me (24year old dumb blonde) was looking at the accident instead of what was in front of her. She hit me going about 60mph. She and I were both ok. My car was F#%*ed she got a ticket for failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident. A guy driving a camero witnesses the accident and was nice enough to pull over and give a witness report to the cop.

I learned three valuable lesions that night:

1. Always look behind you when you are passing something that is distracting because chances are someone behind you might be also be distracted and not be looking in front of them.

2. Wear your seat belts! They really do save lives (I was wearing mine at the time).

3. DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE! I watched a kid my age (19) die and get carried away in body bag. While another girl was airlifted to the hospital because she was thrown out of the car as it rolled (had a 30% chance of living).

My deepest sympathy goes out to the families and friends of the victims of this accident. I myself reflected on it as a learning experience. Hopeful you guys can also take something from this as well. You always hear about it on TV but when you see it with your own eyes it really is a life changing event.

Last edited by 06Slicks; 10-09-2008 at 11:08 AM.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:45 AM
mach1na
2nd Gear Member

i was rear ended by a dip**** trying to make the light once but not that bad! that's horrible! and especially when the person behind you is being completely oblivious to the road ahead of them. sorry about the car but good to hear you are ok.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:04 PM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

That was brutal collision!! I'm glad your OK and also glad to hear you have a positive attitude considering the experience!

we can always learn something.....even from the worst of experiences!
Old 10-09-2008, 12:09 PM
Nutty2003
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 06Slicks
This is the rundown of what happened.
I was driving south to a friend’s birth day party at UIC. The route I was driving down was two - two lane roads (North and South) separated with a grassy median. Prior to my accident 6 teens were drinking and driving from a pre-homecoming party, when their car swerved off the road, rolled over the median, the other two lane street, into a ditch. http://img339.imageshack.us/my.php?image=004ze3.jpg
The police were closed down the two lane road going North (opposite way I was going).

I was driving past the accident in the right lane and there where cars pulled over on the shoulder on my side of the road so I slowed down. A few of them where pulling out. I reduced my speed to about 25 (speed limit 55). As I almost passing the whole line of fire trucks, ambulances, police cars that have arrived the lady behind me (24year old dumb blonde) was looking at the accident instead of what was in front of her. She hit me going about 60mph. She and I were both ok. My car was F#%*ed she got a ticket for failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident. A guy driving a camero witnesses the accident and was nice enough to pull over and give a witness report to the cop.

I learned three valuable lesions that night:

1. Always look behind you when you are passing something that is distracting because chances are someone behind you might be also be distracted and not be looking in front of them.

2. Wear your seat belts! They really do save lives (I was wearing mine at the time).

3. DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE! I watched a kid my age (19) die and get carried away in body bag. While another girl was airlifted to the hospital because she was thrown out of the car as it rolled (had a 30% chance of living).

My deepest sympathy goes out to the families and friends of the victims of this accident. I myself reflected on it as a learning experience. Hopeful you guys can also take something from this as well. You always hear about it on TV but when you see it with your own eyes it really is a life changing event.
wow how horrible, thankfully you are alright. a few bad decisions messed up a lot of things that night
Old 10-09-2008, 12:12 PM
East87
4th Gear Member

glad you're ok man. that's definitely the worst rear-end collision i've ever seen...

good luck with your new ride i guess :-/

are you going to pick up another GT at least?
Old 10-09-2008, 12:14 PM
68ss350
2nd Gear Member

damn you got f*$%ed up!!! keep those headlights
Old 10-09-2008, 12:16 PM
ffk_pennywise
3rd Gear Member

Ford SUV's are tanks for sure. Back in '04 we had just bought an Explorer Limited and I took it to work one day. Traffic came to a stand still on the highway and I stopped but the dummy behind me in a Hyundai SUV did not. She slammed into my rear. Flattened her front end, rolled the hood up to the windshield, they towed her away. I drove off with scratches on the bumper and a small dent in the hatch door. lol. Fords are great in wrecks. My old mustang held up pretty well too!
Old 10-09-2008, 12:35 PM
viperrmk
3rd Gear Member

Wow glad you are ok. Like everyone has said I still cant believe a Ford Escape did that much damage to your rear end. Look at it it even took the license plate and made it into a swill. lol. No but really dude I'm glad you are ok and hope you get back in to another mustang as soon as possible.

Quick Reply: My GT totaled