Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SCT...bad service?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 01:46 PM
AlloySixxer
3rd Gear Member

Default SCT...bad service?

Well after getting ripped off on my Xcal 2 purchase from a member on these forums, I was forced to pay the $150 and have SCT unlock my tuner. I gave them my debt card info over the phone and then sent the package via UPS on October 1st with my "number" on the box. Well according to UPS, the package was received on the 3rd and signed for. It's the 14th and still no calls, no e-mails, and well...no tuner. I've been calling them for the past week trying to get in touch. Nobody ever answers in the shipping or tech department or returns my calls. Yesterday, I finally got through to the guy in charge of customer services and had to leave a message. He has not called back and didn't answer once again today. I'm getting sick of this... Has anyone experienced the same problem? What should I do? Can I get my money back? Someone told me it took them 6 days from the day they shipped it to get their tuner back...

Cliffnotes

Sent $150 and XCal 2 to SCT to get unlocked
They do not unlock it or send an email in 2 weeks
I'm mad
What should I do?
Old 10-14-2008, 03:14 PM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

SCT has a PI$$ poor attitude and worse customer service, I used to have a SCT tuner and got rid of it!! Did you buy the tuner with Paypal?, sometimes they can help they have got me refunds in the past..............Sorry to hear about your situation! good luck.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:26 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

that sucks man sorry to hear and hope it works out for you now i will never send them anythign
Old 10-14-2008, 05:16 PM
Johnboy7701
4th Gear Member

Sucks man and I was the one that got it there and back in 6 days I guess I got lucky try emailing jesse@sctflash.com, he helped me out...
Old 10-14-2008, 05:25 PM
nem
2nd Gear Member

contact Eric Brooks over @ modularfords.com and see if he can help you. He used to work for SCT.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:18 PM
AlloySixxer
3rd Gear Member

Thanks for the contacts, I sent an e-mail to Jesse, hope it wasn't too harsh lol.

Anyway, I really don't know what to do. I've never dealt with such poor service. I just don't understand, I paid the damn $150 fee before I sent the damn tuner in, and still nothing! I'm starting to get really pissed. I guess I'll call in tomorrow and demand to speak to someone no matter what. A refund would be nice...
Old 10-14-2008, 08:26 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Sorry to hear that. When I updated my live load software a few days ago, I called and got right through. They were helpful in getting the new software to work with windows vista. I guess every person's experience is different.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:55 PM
AlloySixxer
3rd Gear Member

Finally got through to customer service and spent about 10 minutes looking up my info. They guy tells me the package was shipped and delievered today, so I went downstairs and it was sitting on my porch. Finally...

Last edited by AlloySixxer; 10-15-2008 at 01:02 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:58 PM
HoorayBeer
2nd Gear Member

i had a problem with vista also. but it took me a few min to manually download the drivers and stuff
Old 10-15-2008, 01:15 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

I've had good customer service with them when my first SCT Xcal 3 was malfuctioning and distroyed my stock tune and my car would not start. The guy stayed on the phone with me for over 45 mins downing the new software to my PC and then hooking up to it live and checking out my Xcal 3, reformated it, reloaded it with a hacked version of my stock tune and then stayed on the phone with me and walked me threw getting it loaded and my car started again. The only problem I had with him is he forgot to mention that I would have to take the car to a dealership to have them reload the correct codes and settings in order to get a "real/correct" stock tune on it so I could then load my custom tune. But everything worked out in the end.

Quick Reply: SCT...bad service?