Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check Out This Fake Shelby GT500 : (

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 03:51 PM
Raging Rio

Originally Posted by cheftjpeck
the steering wheel and dash is accurate. they just do NOT have the interior upgrade. that is an option. which would give it red stitched leather dash, sterring wheel and hand brake....I believe its like a $1000 option..I would have to look at my sticker to see...however..most dealers order it with this option...obviously this was probably special ordered without it for a cheaper price or even a more profitable mark up
ok, wasn't sure if they all came with the nicer steering wheel or not....did the upgrade also include aluminum pedals covers? i can't really tell if this one has them or not
Old 10-17-2008, 03:53 PM
Texotic
5th Gear Member

pretty sure that's real...

i've seen one around town that from the front looks perfect. black with red stripes. then i saw a rear 3/4 one day and it had all of the shelby badges, but it had a the V6 wheels, rear bumper and single exhaust... everything else was GT500 perfect... it made me sick.
Old 10-17-2008, 03:57 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Raging Rio
ok, wasn't sure if they all came with the nicer steering wheel or not....did the upgrade also include aluminum pedals covers? i can't really tell if this one has them or not
yes...pedals are also part of the shelby interior option upgrade....
Old 10-17-2008, 03:58 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Joolander
so the gt500s come stock with a GT's IUP, and then have thier own special interior upgrade?

i did not know that
yes basically....
Old 10-17-2008, 04:05 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

GT500 Premium Interior Trim Package (inc wrapped and stitched instument panel brow and center console w upgraded door armrest w electrochromic rearview mirror with compass aluminum pedals)
Old 10-17-2008, 04:07 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

The only way to tell is to run the vin through a Ford service writer. And look and verify the engine. Someone has to be really nuts to do the body, brakes and the engine. It is hard to see in the pic but is it a 6 speed? Also the steering wheel looks like a GT wheel. It is not anatomiccal and I couldnt see the red stiching. Also the GT500's strreing wheel dont have the silver IUP trimings. I believe they are wrapped in leather. But then the guages are SVT grey gauges. Bottom line is if the dealer tries to pass a GT500 when its a GT or V6, then they will be in a $hitload of trouble.
Old 10-17-2008, 04:08 PM
guydon
2nd Gear Member

I checked the vin, it is real
Old 10-17-2008, 04:09 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

there are also dealer allowed options...like with mine I also pre ordered the hand signed shelby plaque from Shelby...there are allot of options you can order for these things depending on your dealer and to the flip side you can also get one stripped with shaker 500 etc only in there...now I know in 2009 allot of the options are standard...like ambient lighting was an option in 07 and 08 is now standard...but again, as others have pointed out this gt500 is the real deal...the vin that is posted there is a shelby gt500 vin..
Old 10-17-2008, 04:12 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MELLOWYELLOW06
The only way to tell is to run the vin through a Ford service writer. And look and verify the engine. Someone has to be really nuts to do the body, brakes and the engine. It is hard to see in the pic but is it a 6 speed? Also the steering wheel looks like a GT wheel. It is not anatomiccal and I couldnt see the red stiching. Also the GT500's strreing wheel dont have the silver IUP trimings. I believe they are wrapped in leather. But then the guages are SVT grey gauges. Bottom line is if the dealer tries to pass a GT500 when its a GT or V6, then they will be in a $hitload of trouble.
actually mellow the steering wheel does come with the silver IUP stock...you have to buy the shelby premium interior upgrade...again, it is odd as most dealers order these with those upgrades...the vin does check out as a real gt500
Old 10-17-2008, 04:21 PM
degeze
5th Gear Member

This has turned into a learning thread.
Good information to know.

Quick Reply: Check Out This Fake Shelby GT500 : (