Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

installed o/r h mid flowmaster and boomtube

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 11:43 AM
SonicBlue05GT
4th Gear Member

well, i always wondered what that would sound like when I had my 05.. but now I know there's basically no changing the tone of the S197 :-/

... that doesn't remind me of a 2V at all man, sorry. lol. that's not to say it sounds terrible..

edit: that crossover looks to be over a foot in length, that can't be too healthy?

Last edited by SonicBlue05GT; 10-26-2008 at 11:48 AM.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:45 AM
1morepart
4th Gear Member

Wink

Originally Posted by SonicBlue05GT
well, i always wondered what that would sound like when I had my 05.. but now I know there's basically no changing the tone of the S197 :-/

... that doesn't remind me of a 2V at all man, sorry. lol. that's not to say it sounds terrible..

edit: that crossover looks to be over a foot in length, that can't be too healthy?

the crossover is under a foot.lol.......and the motor loves it....it pulls strong to redline...the difference of before and after in SOTP is note worthy......remember if ford had the crossover short, it was probably meant to be longer....

47cents
Old 10-27-2008, 08:15 AM
Joolander
Lord High Protector

i assume you have a tune... were they able to compensate for the different exhaust set up? or are you still running your old tune?
Old 10-27-2008, 10:24 AM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

SOTP from moving your H forward...........I guess I have to invest in a new SOTP mod cause I barely notice mods that add 30 hp.....I think it is more of the in your mind mod then anything.

"remember if ford had the crossover short, it was probably meant to be longer".......Doubt it cause if that was the case all the after market mid pipes would be similar to what you just built if there was any gained hp.

What ever happen to the driving vid everybody wanted to see? Reving it to 3 grand doesnt give anybody a very good idea of what it sounds like?

Last edited by TOMBSTANG; 10-27-2008 at 10:31 AM.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:35 AM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

Come on, Tomb,.....you're pounding this guy. Hahaha!

He's doing good work that everyone else does not have to pay for.

In fact, if he gives me his paypal ID, I'll send him $5 for the stuff he's shared with us.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:07 AM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by thewarmachine
Come on, Tomb,.....you're pounding this guy. Hahaha!

He's doing good work that everyone else does not have to pay for.

In fact, if he gives me his paypal ID, I'll send him $5 for the stuff he's shared with us.
lol how do you figure? Pounding him? lol ahaha c'mon . If you consider been realistic about things then sure u can call it a pounding.

I never put him down at all in this thread.....I actually like the sound of his new set up better then the majority of s197 mufflers, but once again was just been realistic when I stated earlier that it didnt sound like the 2v or 4v and didnt see how the sound would magically change to the new edge sound under load.

If your going to go through as much as he did to get his custom exhaust and post it for others to hear.... why not actually let them hear it. Its like me instaling my exhaust and posting a vid and then not even starting the car in the vid.....

How many vids did you make trying to get ya exaust note and u shared with us? I dont recall any of them u starting the car and just letting it sit there or reving it to 3 grand then claim it sounds badd ***, and if you did Guess who would of been in your thread saying wtf why not give it some gas? lol MOI

Props to anybody and everybody who is willing to make vids and help out others on the forums, dont take my realistic replys as negative.

To the OP my apologies if you think Im trying to be negative towards you, not the case at all. Im just more of the fact type of person then the hear say type.

I call it as I see it
Old 10-27-2008, 12:43 PM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

I'm just saying maybe lay off a little. He did say it was raining nonstop there, so the little vid he gave us of the car revving in the shop isgood for now. He said he'd get us a driving vid soon. Let's just be a little patient.
Old 10-27-2008, 02:04 PM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by thewarmachine
I'm just saying maybe lay off a little. He did say it was raining nonstop there, so the little vid he gave us of the car revving in the shop isgood for now. He said he'd get us a driving vid soon. Let's just be a little patient.
you consider that laying into somebody? Good god lol.Im not laying into the guy at all.....Just a few questions...and realistic opinions.

Props to the guy ofcourse for doing something diff with his ride.

It just dont make sence to post a exhaust clip without actually letting u hear the exhaust is what Im trying to say.
Old 10-27-2008, 02:21 PM
degeze
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TOMBSTANG
If your going to go through as much as he did to get his custom exhaust and post it for others to hear.... why not actually let them hear it. Its like me instaling my exhaust and posting a vid and then not even starting the car in the vid.....
LOL...
Old 10-27-2008, 08:50 PM
1morepart
4th Gear Member

Wink

Originally Posted by Joolander
i assume you have a tune... were they able to compensate for the different exhaust set up? or are you still running your old tune?

new Doug tune!

Quick Reply: installed o/r h mid flowmaster and boomtube