Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big Problem need help - MGW

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 10:45 AM
TASSY5
2nd Gear Member

Thumbs down MGW shifter issue

You know that really Sucks that they won't assist you with a part instead of making you buy a whole new shifter assembly. I bet Hurst or Steeda Would assist you if you had a simular problem. The amount of business MGW gets from the mustang community you would think they would provide quality customer service. But they seem that they are like all of those other companies that will capitalize dollar wise on a misfortunate one. ( It could have been defective on their part ( Ya know) To me that doesn't show quality it shows lack of. And I own a MGW shifter in my 07.
I am Linking this post to MGW and Lets see how their service is once they read the posts. I would think they would want to assist you and OUR Mustang community ans show some Fortitude.
Old 10-18-2008, 10:57 AM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TASSY5
You know that really Sucks that they won't assist you with a part instead of making you buy a whole new shifter assembly. I bet Hurst or Steeda Would assist you if you had a simular problem. The amount of business MGW gets from the mustang community you would think they would provide quality customer service. But they seem that they are like all of those other companies that will capitalize dollar wise on a misfortunate one. ( It could have been defective on their part ( Ya know) To me that doesn't show quality it shows lack of. And I own a MGW shifter in my 07.
I am Linking this post to MGW and Lets see how their service is once they read the posts. I would think they would want to assist you and OUR Mustang community ans show some Fortitude.
It's not an MGW issue. It's a factory OEM piece......
Old 10-18-2008, 11:23 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

did you read the entire thread?
Old 10-18-2008, 11:28 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Originally Posted by 5SPD07GT
i dont have any pics. basically its a 8in long black piece that bolts on each end
Bolts on each end how?
Studs, internal threads?
Old 10-18-2008, 11:44 AM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

This is the part in question. You can see it there laying on top of my driveshaft. The threaded part of the pin is what normally snaps off....

Old 10-18-2008, 11:55 AM
2007CalSpec
5th Gear Member

Tassy5, you misinterpreted what the original poster said. He called the Ford dealer to try and get a replacement and not MGW.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:02 PM
2007CalSpec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 5SPD07GT
Ok, so i was under the car tightening things up, making sure nothing was loose. So i was snugging up the nut on the bolt that goes through the bottom of the shifter, under the car, and it twisted clean off! The end of the bolt broke off and is in the nut. I dont have the stock shifter and its the weekend, and its a daily driver. Is there any temp fix until MGW can send me a new one? That bolt is connected to the arm, right? Its still in there snug but there is nothing on the one side to keep it from coming out. Any suggestions?

Side note, i weigh 155lbs and was using a standard socket set. I wasnt cranking on it with an air tool or anything.
155lbs of pure muscle that broke the bolt! You stud you! Get it? Stud? Hahahaha...haha..ha..harhar..hehe..ahem..ahhh..umm mmm..Oooookay, I'm a dork.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:03 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Go to a hardware store and buy a regular bolt and nut of that same diameter (looks like 3/8).
That should get you through the day...
If not, go smaller and sleeve it with tubing or something (Copper tube etc... whatever.)

Good luck buddy.
Old 10-18-2008, 03:26 PM
5SPD07GT
Official Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by mlcrycc
This is the part in question. You can see it there laying on top of my driveshaft. The threaded part of the pin is what normally snaps off....

pascal, i am confused. how will i get it to attach to the arm like so ^
Old 10-18-2008, 04:32 PM
Texotic
5th Gear Member

why not just get a new bolt?

Quick Reply: Big Problem need help - MGW