Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yo guys I really need your help

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 10:30 PM
jarbot

Default Yo guys I really need your help

[sm=helpout.gif] ok heres the deal,... I dont even own a mustang,... (but I do love the car, especially the classics,...) Anyway I drive a 97 jeep. wrangler tj. I want to take the instrument cluster from a 2005 mustang and put it in my jeep, [sm=goodidea.gif] Im well aware this is gonna be a pain in the **** and i might not even get it to work but im willing to try it (im an engineer so ill probably screw this up some how lol).

This is what i need from you awesome guys,...
1.) Contact info for anyone selling an instrument cluster (its gotta work so for anyone who totalled their car keep it in mind).

2.) I also need to know the dimensions for it, length at the widest point, height at the tallest point, and width at the widest.

3.) If anyone knows how to get their hands on the wiring diagram for it, via like a haynes manual or something would be great.

So anyone living near maryland willing to help me in this project, that would be awesome,..[sm=icon_rock.gif] fords rock!!!!! (ok so jeep is a dodge dont hold it against me,...)

jarrett [sm=icon_sneaky.gif]
email me at jarbot_usmc@hotmail.com
SWEET [sm=hail.gif]
Old 05-24-2005, 11:06 PM
mrbmp
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Yo guys I really need your help

You would probably need the computer and sensors too, way more $ and work than it is worth.
Old 05-25-2005, 12:29 AM
jarbot

hmmmm,... good point,... but im gonna make an assumption untill someone decisively corrects me,... my assumption is thatlike in aircraft the MFD (multi function display) uses a smart head that basiclly incorporates the processr on the back of the display,... since all the signals going to my instrument cluster are all digital (wires not any analog signals like a cable for the speedometer cj's have those) im gonna assume that the sensor i have will work aslong as the 2005 mustangs guages are all digital also,,... so i wont have a way of displaying my four wheel drive light, or use the boost guage that i understand is incorporated into the mustang guages (as well as the the door open lights and other little things the mustang gauges probably have that i dont,..) im only really worried about the speedometer, tachometer, fuel guage, battery (if it has it), oil pressure,and maybe temp, everything else is optional and these should be common to all,... [sm=nerd.gif]

cool, keep the ideas coming though you guys are awesome,...[sm=hiya.gif]
Old 05-25-2005, 11:56 AM
2Stangs
I ♥ Acer

Just want you to know that your last post probably blew most people out of the water.

However, if you want to look into it, you can try and look up Allstate auctions for SoCal (San Diego specificly) and see when my totalled one is being stripped and auctioned off for parts. Dash was intact.
Old 05-25-2005, 12:30 PM
StupidTodd
2nd Gear Member

check here:

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...?siteid=214072

they carry most any part off a 05
Old 06-01-2005, 06:54 PM
y2kford

The process is very easy and affordable. I have the answers for the install and the parts needed to make it work.. that is for the 2005 Mustang. but if you want the wiring diagram for the 05 I can get you that. e-mail me a fax number

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...?siteid=214072

Edward Olson
Parts Manager
Millennium Ford
y2kford.com