Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking about new hood.

Old 10-26-2008, 08:14 AM
shanec
4th Gear Member

Cervini Type IV and a Cervini not-so-aggressive chin spoiler

I have no lowering kit and I've still scraped the underside of that spoiler a couple of times. Fortunately haven't run the spoiler head on into anything yet. AND...I've got FRPP springs in my garage waiting to be installed. LOL
Old 10-26-2008, 09:18 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Originally Posted by Branomano06GT
Ya not aggressive enough for me =( but I will agree it is a slick hood. Oh ya another question I was looking through my Manual in my car and acme across this red flyer that says PROVIDE TO CUSTOMER TripTunes(TM) then directions on how to use it and where it is but I cant seem to find it.... anyone have this and have a better idea of where it is like in a random corner or something? It says the Glove Compartment but I am not having any luck in there.....
haha......its the same hood as tombstang has and there isnt too much that is more "aggressive" out there. The Ram Air Type IV you are looking at it about the same. I didnt like the squareish lines to it and preferred the more subtle look of the trufiber.

good luck

Last edited by howarmat; 10-26-2008 at 09:20 AM.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:19 AM
Branomano06GT
3rd Gear Member

Howarmatt I wasnt talking to you about not aggressive enough bro lol look above your previous post I was talking to Knight your hood and setup is just as beast homie =)
Old 10-26-2008, 10:56 AM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

i like matt and tombstangs hood and i also like the cowl hoods
Old 10-26-2008, 07:31 PM
Va. Stang
3rd Gear Member

Hey Brano...Heres a pic. of the Cervinis Type IV with heat ext. and CDC classic chin spoiler.

Old 10-26-2008, 08:42 PM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

Mine is the True fiber Like Matts, and yes I chose mine for the same reason over the cervinis and because you dont have to buy the ram air function for another $300 . The lines on the true fiber flow much better IMO, cervinis almost looks like a gigiantic stick on hood scoop.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:47 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Originally Posted by TOMBSTANG
Mine is the True fiber Like Matts, and yes I chose mine for the same reason over the cervinis and because you dont have to buy the ram air function for another $300 . The lines on the true fiber flow much better IMO, cervinis almost looks like a gigiantic stick on hood scoop.
that was my thoughts too, and the ram air being built in was a bonus
Old 10-26-2008, 08:53 PM
Branomano06GT
3rd Gear Member

Yeah seems like Cervinis is a bit more of 90 degree angle when you hit the scoop and Trufiber is more of a smooth slops closer to I would say 60? lol i suck at math anyway ya im liking the Trufiber they are both nice honestly Va. Stang thanks a ton for those pictures they helped more then you know beatiful cars you guys all have =) cant wait till mine looks like a firebreathing monster =) and sounds like one too hehe Borla Stingers incoming! im so excited haha
Old 10-26-2008, 08:56 PM
shanec
4th Gear Member

I would strongly recommend going to a car show somewhere to see some hoods in person.

I agree to some extent about the negative Cervini type IV comments. What I like least about my hood is that it would look a lot better if it were a bit more sleek and less stand-out-ish if that makes any sense. I like the back half of howarmat's hood better but I like the front half of my hood better.

I think a metal hood like what's on the shelby supersnake would look best. I like that lower profile best, while still providing a pretty wide scoop.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:04 PM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Branomano06GT
Yeah seems like Cervinis is a bit more of 90 degree angle when you hit the scoop and Trufiber is more of a smooth slops closer to I would say 60? lol i suck at math anyway ya im liking the Trufiber they are both nice honestly Va. Stang thanks a ton for those pictures they helped more then you know beatiful cars you guys all have =) cant wait till mine looks like a firebreathing monster =) and sounds like one too hehe Borla Stingers incoming! im so excited haha
Did I hear FIRE BREATHING MONSTER?
observe exhibit A http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJRMML21Elg

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Thinking about new hood.