Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking about new hood.

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 09:05 PM
Branomano06GT
3rd Gear Member

As I said though the mor aggressive the better I just love the look althout I too agree with the comments on the Cervini's after seeing some different one they seem to just rise straight up as in a 90 degreee angle now its not bad but i do prefer something slightly more gradual but not too unoticeable... the supersnake hood is nice but to low for me but yeah i made up my mind im gonna go with the Trufiber one =)
Old 10-26-2008, 09:06 PM
Branomano06GT
3rd Gear Member

TOMBSTANG lol man I already watched that 30 times this morning i am a bit of a stalker... lol its a great video btw I havent seen a Full on Ram Air that goes that far to the front on a red stang yet so im pretty excited to see how it will look when i get it done =)
Old 10-26-2008, 09:20 PM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

Good choice man keep us posted on your progress
Old 10-26-2008, 09:27 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by howarmat
haha......its the same hood as tombstang has and there isnt too much that is more "aggressive" out there. The Ram Air Type IV you are looking at it about the same. I didnt like the squareish lines to it and preferred the more subtle look of the trufiber.

good luck

I couldnt have pointed it out better myself. I am a believer of Trufiber and they are a good group of people. They have some real cool hoods. I have one myself and have helped quite a few out there to get theirs and they are all happy. Mikeysgt, xxderek, javdog, cutterwolf, 05mustang, etc. ......................
Old 11-13-2008, 08:28 PM
seanatsb

Default Trufiber GT-S III vs Cervini Type IV

For all you that went with the Trufiber GT-S III: How much did it cost to get painted? Was there a lot of prep work (ie. filling in of pin holes, etc) needed before painting was done? I've read that the cervini hoods require much less prep work before painting. I'm trying to decide between Trufiber and Cervini also. I like Trufiber better, but wanted to get ideas about how much it would cost to for prepping and painting.
Also, for those who have the Cervini type IV ram air hood: Do the hoods now come with mesh inserts for the openings in the hood?

Any info is appreciated.
Thanks
Old 11-13-2008, 08:29 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

mine was 450
Old 11-13-2008, 09:49 PM
shanec
4th Gear Member

I like my Cervini Type IV.

For chin spoilers, I like subtle. I have Cervini's....Type III, I think it is called. That's it in the pics above.

Still on the fence about whether or not I want this grill:
Old 11-13-2008, 11:06 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MELLOWYELLOW06
I couldnt have pointed it out better myself. I am a believer of Trufiber and they are a good group of people. They have some real cool hoods. I have one myself and have helped quite a few out there to get theirs and they are all happy. Mikeysgt, xxderek, javdog, cutterwolf, 05mustang, etc. ......................
Dont forget me too Joe! I still need to paint it but love the hood regardless. Thanks again and Trufiber and its design for the hood is exactly what I was looking for and now I have 2 hoods!.....guess it depends on how I feel that day....eleanor type look or aggressive fire breathing look! TOMB that vid is sweet and love the music ion the background!
Old 11-13-2008, 11:08 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Originally Posted by shanec
I like my Cervini Type IV.

For chin spoilers, I like subtle. I have Cervini's....Type III, I think it is called. That's it in the pics above.

Still on the fence about whether or not I want this grill:
Maybe a bit biased but go get it! the look is amazing and doesn't look as "cheap" (for lack of a better term-hopefully no offense taken) as the stock grill and defines the front of the car better!
Old 11-13-2008, 11:19 PM
zporta
5th Gear Member

why hood does mygt500 i like that one...

Quick Reply: Thinking about new hood.