Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

O/R X+NO MUFFLERS!!!! VIDEO INSIDE!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 02:50 AM
rydeordie
3rd Gear Member

No offense, but that sounded horrible.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:40 AM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by onederful100
that sounds great, Tombstang, you threadjacker you!
did you do anything to the camera mic so you dont get all that wind noise? bc when my camera is outside i get all this wind noise.
lol thanks onederfull Im just trying to guide our fellow member into the light

well the camera was mounted on the back of a jeep grand cherokee so there wasnt much wind hitting it since it was mounted onto the back of the truck. t would work pretty good if you put tape over it also I think it would stil catch the sound and get rid of alot of the wind noise.

rford426 I might be under my car today doing soem **** so If I get around to it Ill snap u a few pics, they are mounted basically where they are in the complete midmuffler system only id say about 1/2 foot closer to my ex then they are with the kit.

Its my 4th set up and Im finally happy, screams outside the car and inside no drone and its so chill can hear your engine again, Ive had macs, slp, borlas but those didnt even make it on the car lol. onlything to make it better is going to be the LT

good luck either route u go, u can find the pypes m-80 at summit for$100 shipped for both.

Last edited by TOMBSTANG; 11-04-2008 at 11:00 AM.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:55 AM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Lov my setup, Pypes O/R catted x-pipe and Borla stingers. No rasp or trumpiting and sounds great! I'll have to made a vid up
Old 11-04-2008, 10:58 AM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by CutterWolf
Lov my setup, Pypes O/R catted x-pipe and Borla stingers. No rasp or trumpiting and sounds great! I'll have to made a vid up
"Pypes O/R catted x" lol what is that?

either its o/r or it has cats? or did u just buy o/r x and have cats welded in?
Old 11-04-2008, 11:04 AM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by str8wick3d
I think the video dosnt do it justice... Give us a drive by.
not the op cars but mine with the exact same set up at some point, it does sound meaner then anyother set up at WOt i have to admitt that cause its just nuts but it has alot of bad sounds inbetween. decel is rough.

reverse is the **** though lol sounds like a plane , no joke. too bad I didnt drive around backwards all the time....

anyway video gives you a idea of it under load.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fz30By1Fokk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7vxBkVrKrM
Old 11-04-2008, 11:13 AM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TOMBSTANG
"Pypes O/R catted x" lol what is that?

either its o/r or it has cats? or did u just buy o/r x and have cats welded in?
Nope, when you buy the kit it comes with; two down tubes, x-pipe, and high flow cat's. Its in 3 parts so you can either run it as a true O/R pipe or, you can but the cat's on. Pypes calls just like I put it, "O/R catted x-pipe"
Old 11-04-2008, 11:41 AM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by CutterWolf
Nope, when you buy the kit it comes with; two down tubes, x-pipe, and high flow cat's. Its in 3 parts so you can either run it as a true O/R pipe or, you can but the cat's on. Pypes calls just like I put it, "O/R catted x-pipe"
cool have never seen it before, basically like the bassani one where u can just swap out the down pipes with cats, just a better price cause its pypes lol
Old 11-04-2008, 12:00 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TOMBSTANG
cool have never seen it before, basically like the bassani one where u can just swap out the down pipes with cats, just a better price cause its pypes lol

Ya, its really nice cause it gives you the option to set it with out cat's to see if you like it or not and then you can add in the cat's and hear it. I put the cat's on since it sounded a little too raspy for me with out them
Old 11-04-2008, 12:44 PM
VistaGT
4th Gear Member

How much quieter did the pypes cats make it?
Old 11-04-2008, 01:29 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by VistaGT
How much quieter did the pypes cats make it?
The Cat's cut the level down to something you can live with. I'll see if I can make a video of it. Also, the cat's are not mounted were the factory ones are. They are directly in front of the x-pipe which I love and here is why. I don't know about the rest of you but my factory cat's would heat my car up and it would throw a ton of heat into the drivers side area. In this new mounting location I do not have that problem any more and they are about half the size of the factory ones too. So to answer your question, "ya, they are still loud but I have not have anyone complain to me about them where I live........yet" LOL!

Quick Reply: O/R X+NO MUFFLERS!!!! VIDEO INSIDE!!!!!!