Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

roush or stock gt spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 10:07 PM
zporta
5th Gear Member

yea i like the aggressive look of the roush....
Old 11-05-2008, 10:42 PM
o7 tungsten
3rd Gear Member

definitely get the roush spoiler to compliment the roush body kit you got
Old 11-06-2008, 01:03 AM
alloutt
4th Gear Member

ROUSH +1
Old 11-06-2008, 01:57 AM
Red Beast
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Flatline1980
go with the roush spoiler.. it looks great.. Here's my car after the front was installed..

btw, you doing a Stage theme or the 427R theme??
im not doing the complete roush kit, i put on a trufiber GT-S hood but i just want it to look aggressive and beastly as possible. nore did i buy the roush rear valance, but ya, im gunna go with everybody and get the roush, Thanks Guys!
Old 11-06-2008, 01:59 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

ROUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-06-2008, 02:02 AM
Red Beast
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 05 Mustang
JMO Red, if you just bought the complete Roush body kit, I would definitely finish it off with the Roush wing.
is your hood fiberglass? my GT-S hood is fiberglass and i want to get hood pins incase the unthinkable happens at high speeds. but many poeple are trying to tell me no, dont, its a waste, and the manufacterer of my hood "trufiber" said there is no need. but i think they just look better. did those come preinstalled or did you have them install those? and i was wondering how structurally sound the fiberglass is, i dont want the bodyshop to start drilling and have my hood fracture or split.
thanks
Old 11-06-2008, 02:15 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Redbeast- Yes his hood (05 Mustang) is fiberglass and any quality fiberglass hood can accept hood pins. I know trufiber offers some of their hoods with the hood pins built right in now but it is not necessary IMO unless you have major hood shake at high speeds that the bump stops didn't resolve with a little adjusting. I have the GTS -3 hood and decided against the hood pins and the Cervinis hood pictured in sig and no hood pins and no issues of what so ever..... JMO
Old 11-06-2008, 07:04 AM
rfeyjoo
1st Gear Member

Ummmm.....ROUSH!!! DUHHHHHHHH
Old 11-06-2008, 08:06 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Red Beast
is your hood fiberglass? my GT-S hood is fiberglass and i want to get hood pins incase the unthinkable happens at high speeds. but many poeple are trying to tell me no, dont, its a waste, and the manufacterer of my hood "trufiber" said there is no need. but i think they just look better. did those come preinstalled or did you have them install those? and i was wondering how structurally sound the fiberglass is, i dont want the bodyshop to start drilling and have my hood fracture or split.
thanks
as mygt500 said, yes my hood is fiberglass (Trufiber Venom Hood).

as far as being necessary, who knows? I can only tell you that at high speeds I would always see my stock GT hood wobble like crazy and no matter how many times I adjusted the bump stops, it would always continue. I asked for opinions on whether or not I should put hood pins in my new hood and I got mixed responses, so I figured since I had the complete front end disassembled and the body shop that did all my work was going to include it at no additional charge, I would go ahead and do it. I now have absolutely no wobble at any speed and it makes me feel more comfortable.

as far as drilling the hood for the hood pins goes, I was there when we did mine and we had no issues what-so-ever with the integrity of the hood. we just took our time and increased the size of the holes a small amount at a time until it was right where it needed to be.

Below is a link to Trufiber's website. In the center of the page, they even state that they recommend hood pins on every aftermarket hood??

http://trufiber.com/t-advantage.aspx

I will say that as far as looks go, I saw my hood before the hood pins were installed and IMO it looked much nicer/cleaner.

Last edited by 05 Mustang; 11-06-2008 at 08:12 AM.
Old 11-06-2008, 08:35 AM
Cuzzo
2nd Gear Member

+1 for stock gt spoiler

Quick Reply: roush or stock gt spoiler