Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad expiriance with ordering

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2005, 11:47 AM
ChristopherCamel
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Bad expiriance with ordering

when i ordered mine i didnt trust the dealer because he told me the price could go up when the car came in since i custom ordered it so i made sure the sales manager signed a paper saying the price would be the same as when i placed the order....or there would be no deal..he signed it and i kept it and had it with me when i accepted delivery and the price was exactly the same..i put $500 down to order it..and $5000 down when the car arrived
Old 05-28-2005, 01:22 AM
Allan.Foskett

I did not have any problems using X-plan. Ford's web site gave me a pin which I gave the dealer in November '04, and placed an order for a Windveil Blue GT. The car was built 08 April '05 ( the My Color option caused a 40 day delay in build) and I took delivery on 14 April. On the day mine was delivered, there was an A-plan convertible GT delivered too! And i know of at least one other A-plan Mustang in theis area. It must be because there is a Ford plant in town - Kansas City. The dealer was ThoroughBred Ford, and they have an internet sales rep. use 64152 for your zip code dealer lookup.
My VIN ends in 666 for good reason.
Old 05-28-2005, 07:21 PM
macca
1st Gear Member

Any update *****? Sorry to hear about your dilema. If this was me I just know that I would create such a stink that something would have to give...them or me[:@] There is no way that I would lie down to this completely unacceptable behaviour. People treat their dogs better than that. Good on you for filing with the BBB. I would keep pushing until I got an audience with the owner of the dealership or if they are corporate, get in touch with the head office wherever it is an speak with the CEO. Keep pushing until they put you through. Dont give up! If it has sold...still take this course of action. Any decent owner or CEO will listen to your case and side with you. You will probably get an even better deal out of them if you play your cards right. The trick is to be very firm, but not rude and to never, never, never give up Of course I am probably telling you "how to boil water" but all the best anyway.
Old 05-28-2005, 09:33 PM
fordseller

Even if you don't have a signed contract, no court in the world ( even california's crazy courts ) would find in favor of the dealership. They simply found a higher paying buyer and gave you the shaft. Make sure you take the shaft and stick it as far up in them as you can! We do A plan here, be we are a long way from california (North Carolina) See if your dad has a lawyer buddy! I would get an injunction prohibiting the dealership from selling it to anyone else until your case is settled. That would show them!
Old 05-28-2005, 09:47 PM
KandyMan
2nd Gear Member

its dealers like that that make all of us suffer if you only lived in ny here man...id try and help you out
Old 05-28-2005, 11:40 PM
Ballsout30

I got the car! I would have posted a reply sooner but i have been basically driving it since i got it. I think what happened was my aunt from michigan that works at ford made some calls and they ended up doing the deal. The only thing was the price went up like 500 bucks from the price on the order. Im not sure why it went up but my dad was saying the price of the car just might have changed.From what you guys were saying im wondering if i should try to hit them up about that 500.
Old 05-29-2005, 12:48 AM
fordseller

I wouldn't push your luck. An ordered price generally is not guaranteed. Especially when it is A Plan. You basically get whatever the A Plan price is on the invoice when it comes in. It can vary. Gongratulations, and ENJOY!
Old 05-29-2005, 12:55 AM
macca
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: KandyMan

its dealers like that that make all of us suffer if you only lived in ny here man...id try and help you out
Hey KandyMan...sweet pic of the white ricer *cough* I mean Stang. Actually I really think it looks cool. Thats the sort of look I want...where can I find that pic and more info about the car (body kit, wheels etc) Thanks
Old 05-29-2005, 01:01 AM
KandyMan
2nd Gear Member

i just have to get the spoiler and the ide window louvers photoshopped off of it.....i want that kit but no wing...ewwwwww and no side louvers ewwwwww....bu the rest of the kit is ****
Old 05-29-2005, 01:14 AM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Ballsout30

I got the car! I would have posted a reply sooner but i have been basically driving it since i got it. I think what happened was my aunt from michigan that works at ford made some calls and they ended up doing the deal. The only thing was the price went up like 500 bucks from the price on the order. Im not sure why it went up but my dad was saying the price of the car just might have changed.From what you guys were saying im wondering if i should try to hit them up about that 500.
Congrats!! Glad it all worked out for you. Even with the $500 bump, you still probably got a helluva price... just move on and enjoy the ride!

Now show us some dam pics!!

Quick Reply: Bad expiriance with ordering