Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad expiriance with ordering

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 11:58 PM
Ballsout30

Default Bad expiriance with ordering

I ordered my 05 mustang on 2/7/05 from vista ford in oxnard, cali, a white gt on the family A plan. The price they gave me for the A plan was 23,803. They acted like it should not be a problem getting the A plan deal. The sales guy called me today saying that the car just arrived, when I got there with my check and my hopes up they said no deal to the A plan and tried to get me to pay like 27,400. I had been waiting over 3 1/2 months thinking i was getting this car now all my plans go to hell.I mean my name is on the order sheet and i gave them a check for a grand when i ordered it. Of course they had like 3 other people lined up willing to buy the car at regular price but its just f***ed up that they let me wait this long, then try this bs on me at the last minute. Im not giving up on my hopes of an 05 mustang, does anybody know a place that will honor the family plan for an 05 gt, preferably around cali.
Old 05-27-2005, 12:12 AM
Jim Smyth
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Bad expiriance with ordering

I have the opportunity to use the X plan and no one that I spoke with would give me the X plan on a GT.
Old 05-27-2005, 12:25 AM
2Stangs
I ♥ Acer

You would be surprised what have in your corner here in California. Use the BBB, let the dealership know you are going to file a complaint, and speak with your lawyer. Whether or not you are going to, let the dealerdhip know that. You gave them money and they gave you a verbal agreement. Verbal agreements are able to be upheld in court.
Old 05-27-2005, 12:30 AM
Higgie
3rd Gear Member

Since you already knew the A plan price, was it also written on your contract to buy? Because if it was, they have to honor it, or threaten legal action, and report them to Ford, and the BBB.

If you have a binding contract, they have to honor it. Sure, the base price increase might push it up a little. But Ford sets the A plan price, and if that is mentioned on your written order, then they are going to have a hard time skating out on the deal.

ORIGINAL: Ballsout30

I ordered my 05 mustang on 2/7/05 from vista ford in oxnard, cali, a white gt on the family A plan. The price they gave me for the A plan was 23,803. They acted like it should not be a problem getting the A plan deal. The sales guy called me today saying that the car just arrived, when I got there with my check and my hopes up they said no deal to the A plan and tried to get me to pay like 27,400. I had been waiting over 3 1/2 months thinking i was getting this car now all my plans go to hell.I mean my name is on the order sheet and i gave them a check for a grand when i ordered it. Of course they had like 3 other people lined up willing to buy the car at regular price but its just f***ed up that they let me wait this long, then try this bs on me at the last minute. Im not giving up on my hopes of an 05 mustang, does anybody know a place that will honor the family plan for an 05 gt, preferably around cali.
Old 05-27-2005, 02:31 AM
281GT
3rd Gear Member

That sucks. When I ordered mine I got a written contract with the price on it so they can't modify the price as they see fit. My contract has the signatures of my salesman and the sales manager on it. I would speak to the better buisness bereau about it. The other thing you could do is hang around the showroom unitl there are lots people milling about. Then raise the biggest stink you possibly can, getting louder and louder until they make good on thier original offer. That has worked for me. The line I used that really got their attention was "You might as well call the police now to have me forcibly removed because I am NOT leaving until I receive fair treatment"...
Old 05-27-2005, 02:50 AM
Ballsout30

I appreciate all of your tips, I dont have a contract, all i have is the order sheet with my name, the a plan price on it, options ect. I just got done filing an online complaint to BBB, but im not really sure what thats gonna do for me since the car will be sold most likely tomarrow. The worst part about it is the fact that i have been waiting about 4 months and planning on getting the car, now my plans are all down the drain. I would like to take legal action to the fullest extent but im not sure what good it would do me.
Old 05-27-2005, 02:54 AM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Ballsout30

I appreciate all of your tips, I dont have a contract, all i have is the order sheet with my name, the a plan price on it, options ect. I just got done filing an online complaint to BBB, but im not really sure what thats gonna do for me since the car will be sold most likely tomarrow. The worst part about it is the fact that i have been waiting about 4 months and planning on getting the car, now my plans are all down the drain. I would like to take legal action to the fullest extent but im not sure what good it would do me.
I would go ahead and buy it at the higher price, then work through BBB and a lawyer if I had to, to get the difference refunded. A deal is a deal...

But, I would still have the car to enjoy.
Old 05-27-2005, 03:24 AM
Scaught
2nd Gear Member

Buy it, then fight it. If they sell it and down the road you win you are waiting another year or so for the same car you could have tomorrow. I'm not saying don't fight it, just fight it after you buy.
Old 05-27-2005, 03:30 AM
Ballsout30

If I did just buy it, I would really need to win my case for the lesser price since im only 22 and dont make all that much money right now. My dad is gonna try to talk to the dealership owner tomarrow and we'll see what happens.
Old 05-27-2005, 11:25 AM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

If you put money down on the car.. and have and "Order" with pricing on it.. then you basicly have a contract and it would hold up in court. Believe me.. if the car came in and the price went down while you were waiting - the dealership would hold you to the price on the paper.

Contracts take many forms - an order IS a form of a contract showing that the byer agrees to pay said price for item when it arrives. and Order IS a Contract, legal and binding.

Mind you, I'm NOT a Lawyer - but - I am 50 years old and I've been around the block many times buying and selling cars and learned the hard way the meanings of things in writing.

Raise a stink! You will win, if you want to fight it.

Quick Reply: Bad expiriance with ordering