Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roush Stage Question?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 03:21 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hootna
Heres something similar to what you are talking about. Not sure if there is an answer anywhere in the post.

http://www.fnsweet.com/forums/05-09-...out-roush.html
Dude, thats got to be it man. Her car looks just like any other GT but everything else under the body is Roush and she did tell me that she had them add in the RoushCharger. But its got the Roush wheels, suspension, exhaust, interior and all that jazz. As far as the body she does not have the Roush front end or rear but she has the hood scoop, side scoops, and side loovers that are all Roush

Here is the only pic I have of it on this PC on a rainy day at the dyno. Not the best pic but you can see some of the stuff on it at least LOL!

Last edited by CutterWolf; 11-10-2008 at 03:32 PM.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:00 PM
alloutt
4th Gear Member

a hot girlfriend with a roush mustang dammmm
Old 11-10-2008, 05:14 PM
0NF1R
5th Gear Member

Okay i think i have the answer to your questions....

What i think we have here is a GT that has had the roushcharger installed by the dealership....im sure that when a dealership installs the roushcharger system into the vehicle, they have to put those stickers in the door....

all of the stage 3's that i have seen have an aluminum plaque mounted on the inside of the engine bay saying something like "Livonia, Michigan" which is where the Roush models are assembled...notice on the left side strut...

also found on roush's assembled in Livonia is the Roush carbon fiber interior...i have not yet seen an authentic roush without the roush carbon fiber interior....

in addition, the roush leather interior is a two-toned leather seating with "Jack Roush" logo embroidery on the upper back area of the seat...

also, every roush that is striped, comes with the authentic roush stripe kit which is very particular about the cuts..the 427R stripe kit is different as it is 1 single super stripe style....notice on the front edge of the hood, the kit does not extend all the way out...it looks like the stripe kit on your gf's car is a custom kit that was also installed by the dealer as well as the roush rockers striped ordered from roush and installed by the dealer...the stripe kit in the picture is the only style offered by roush.....the stock roush kit does not have pinstripes...

as for the suspension kit, any stage3 roush would have the stage3 suspension kit especially made for vehicles with the roushcharger system...all of their parts will be blue or blue/red combo that have roush printed on them and can easily be seen when looking directly over the front wheel towards the springs...

roush's assembled in livonia also have a roush rear axle girdle cover...

every stage3 assembled in livonia will also be equipped with the proper roush big brake system fit for stopping the added power from the roushcharger...

all stage3 roush's assembled in livonia will be equipped with the roush stage3 guage cluster as well....

also, authentic roush's do not come from the factory with side scoops on them...it looks like the scoops on your gf's car are the california special scoops...roush does not make scoops for their cars....if your gf didnt add those scoops herself and she has been the only owner of the car, than the dealership must have installed those as well before selling it...

im not tryin to be an a$$, just sharing knowledge....i love the black and red combo....i will eventually have a roushcharger one day! ;-)

btw, mine isnt real either :-)

Last edited by 0NF1R; 11-10-2008 at 05:28 PM.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:52 PM
Stage4
2nd Gear Member

Just a couple quick notes to the above. I have an authentic roush without the carbon fiber interior, and the two tone "Roush" seats are an option also (i think like $2000!)
By far the best way to check is the sticker on the passenger door jamb, or the VIN.

I have a bad feeling that's not an authentic Roush she has... I think it was a dealer special. I hope you prove me wrong though....
Old 11-10-2008, 10:09 PM
charliebrown266
4th Gear Member

I would agree with stage4,the dash and the seats are options.Check the vin
Old 11-10-2008, 10:40 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

I'll see if I can check the door jam but I can tell you for sure that the car is a Roush and everything on the car was put on it "before" it was purchase brand new from the dealership. At the dealership it was called a "GTR" and if you look in that picture you will see the a dash I've seen in no our car, its a carbon fiber look metal dash kit and you can very clearly see Jack Roush's signature on the dash which she got from him in person and their is no way he would sign his name to that car if it was not indeed a Roush. Trust me, its a Roush alright but I'm pretty sure it was a one of the "Sleeper" models that were offered from authorized Roush dealerships which I also know for a fact that the dealership she got it from is. The only thing it did not have on it at the time she purchased it was the stripe kit and the RoushCharger which the dealer installed along with 3.73 gears. Besides that all the other Roush items were on the car and it was sticker'ed at the dealership as a GTR as in GT Roush which leads me to believe that it is the sleeper model. Also a guy in our Mustang Club has a Sleeper Roush that he also got from the same dealership and his looks just like any GT on the road until you open his hood.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:54 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Could this pic of her engine be showing the Roush plate on the right side strut tower?

Old 11-10-2008, 11:51 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Looks to me that it is not a Roush stg 1, 2, or 3....it was sent to Roush to have some parts installed (ex-S/C and/or suspension components) and sent back to the dealer to finish the GTR conversion and the dealer badges the cars anyway they see fit to sell them and make them (1,000,000+ stangs sold since 2005+) more of a one off type instead of looking like the other stang sold since 05.....JMO but call Roush and see if your car and VIN are on file...

other option the dealer put a Roush S/C on it and any other parts that might be roush and called it the GTR.....if they are a roush certified dealer that means they are certified to work on any roush car to the standard that Roush installs or fixes Roush vehicles in Livonia MI....

ALL ROUSH VEHICLES ARE MADE (converted) IN LIVONIA MICHIGAN!!!! regardless of where you bought the stang

Last edited by mygt500; 11-10-2008 at 11:55 PM.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:22 AM
Hootna
3rd Gear Member

As far as I know there are no Roush Charged cars that were made outside the factory. If it came from Roush without the supercharger it was either a Low Content, Sport, Stage1 or Stage 2. The only one that does not have the Roush front end is the Low Content. None of them have a badge under the hood. I am guessing it is a low content with a super charger and thats is if it has the sticker inside the door.
Old 11-11-2008, 03:13 PM
0NF1R
5th Gear Member

When you look back into the meaning of the term GTR, you are really looking at GT-R,,,there IS in fact a mustang GT-R which is the mustang used in road course racing...GT-R stands for GT-Racing which also used for the new Nissan Skyline GT-R and also used on the Nissan Altima SE-R....all it means is that they are Race editions....

however in light of all of this, i DID find this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-...QQcmdZViewItem

as you can see in this link, this mustang is a base gt with nothing else than a roush shifter and roushcharger and DOES have the ROush metal plaques that say the car was manufactured in Livonia. Michigan....

i wonder if these "Sleeper" cars are a special order that the dealerships put in.....

you may indeed still have an authentic low-content special ordered sleeper roush mustang!

Quick Reply: Roush Stage Question?