Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

We are pricks?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2005, 08:45 PM
281GT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: We are ******?

I'm not trying to be an a**hole but I interpret this as being really arrogant:
"Be humble about your car and you won't get embarassed. To consider your car "fast" you should be running 11's. "

Any car that can't run 11's isn't "fast" ??? So "help me understand" the "humble" part of this statement "To consider your car "fast" you should be running 11's."
It seems that on the internet there are 10 and 11 second street cars all over the place. I happen to live in the real world where most of us can't afford super chargers, twin turbos, ect, ect. In the real world, there are very very few streetable cars that run in 10 - 11 second 1/4 mile times.
I do agree with being humble about your car. It doesn't matter how much money you spend or how much knowledge you have, there will always be someone who will kick your butt, but this stuff about you have to in the elevens to be "fast" is a load of crap.
It depends on the owner. If the owner likes it and it's fast enough for him / her, then that's all that matters isn't it? I don't give a damn what anybody else thinks but what really drive me nuts is arrogance.
Old 05-27-2005, 08:54 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: hawgman

ORIGINAL: Professor Wizard

Who is fastest at the NHRA... Young or Old?
Who is fastest at NASCAR... Young or Old?
The fastest guy in NHRA is Tony Schumacher, ran a 4.489 @ 336.15 last weekend, and he is 36.
Fastest in NASCAR...that is tough to say, but I guess in order to get the general average you would have to go by points standings so that would make it Jimmy Johnson, who is 29.

Looks to me like the young guys are faster
I would suggest John Force... fastest in class... 56 yo.

+1 for the old guys! [8D]
Old 05-27-2005, 09:05 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

And Warren Johnson (for now).
Old 05-27-2005, 09:20 PM
SandBox

[:-] evey car forum has them LOL
Old 05-27-2005, 10:47 PM
Shifty
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 281GT

I'm not trying to be an a**hole but I interpret this as being really arrogant:
"Be humble about your car and you won't get embarassed. To consider your car "fast" you should be running 11's. "

Any car that can't run 11's isn't "fast" ??? So "help me understand" the "humble" part of this statement "To consider your car "fast" you should be running 11's."
It seems that on the internet there are 10 and 11 second street cars all over the place. I happen to live in the real world where most of us can't afford super chargers, twin turbos, ect, ect. In the real world, there are very very few streetable cars that run in 10 - 11 second 1/4 mile times.
I do agree with being humble about your car. It doesn't matter how much money you spend or how much knowledge you have, there will always be someone who will kick your butt, but this stuff about you have to in the elevens to be "fast" is a load of crap.
It depends on the owner. If the owner likes it and it's fast enough for him / her, then that's all that matters isn't it? I don't give a damn what anybody else thinks but what really drive me nuts is arrogance.
For me to consider you fast, I say you should be running 11's. There's a ****ing street legal truck that runs 10.6 for god sakes. It's not that difficult to run 11's.
Old 05-28-2005, 01:33 AM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: don_w

ORIGINAL: Professor Wizard

Who is fastest at the NHRA... Young or Old?
Who is fastest at NASCAR... Young or Old?
The fastest guy in NHRA is Tony Schumacher, ran a 4.489 @ 336.15 last weekend, and he is 36.
Fastest in NASCAR...that is tough to say, but I guess in order to get the general average you would have to go by points standings so that would make it Jimmy Johnson, who is 29.

Looks to me like the young guys are faster
I would suggest John Force... fastest in class... 56 yo.

+1 for the old guys! [8D]
No one said we were breaking it down by class, he just said fastest.
Old 05-28-2005, 01:40 AM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

No one said we were breaking it down by class, he just said fastest.
OK, if you are going to be that way, then... ummm... 36 is old! [&:]
Old 05-28-2005, 02:54 AM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

wait a minute.. you guys are compairing 03/04 cobras that cost more and have a SC all ready in them (STOCK) to an 05?? thats a tad unfair dont you think... ok..ok.. how about an saleen EXTREAM 500 hp (STOCK) hummmm how about those apples... I dont hear nothing... hahahha.... good to be a scum bag.. 05 rulez!! wooooo... wooooo [sm=happy046.gif][sm=happy046.gif][sm=hail.gif][sm=happy046.gif][sm=hail.gif]
Old 05-28-2005, 03:58 AM
ukstang05
1st Gear Member

Just by reading those and the above it appears the people with the biggest beef are the people NOT owning an 05!

I know that a Ferrari F50 is quicker than my GT 05 but i dont see those boys slagging us of in their forums (they probably have one at their country club or something!).

The ole green eyed monster always pops his up
Old 05-28-2005, 05:48 AM
Casper98GT
I ♥ Acer

wait a minute.. you guys are compairing 03/04 cobras that cost more and have a SC all ready in them (STOCK) to an 05?? thats a tad unfair dont you think... ok..ok.. how about an saleen EXTREAM 500 hp (STOCK) hummmm how about those apples... I dont hear nothing... hahahha.... good to be a scum bag.. 05 rulez!!
Just by reading those and the above it appears the people with the biggest beef are the people NOT owning an 05!

I know that a Ferrari F50 is quicker than my GT 05 but i dont see those boys slagging us of in their forums (they probably have one at their country club or something!).
LOL.... did you even read the post at svtperformance.... Most of them said they were crusing andthe 05 owners pretty much got caught with their dick in their hands. That would be like me (stock) driving up to a 05 owner and saying... ready to get beat. Only because this is my first Mustang i have ever owned and i know nothing about other mustangs. Thats what they are saying... its just a new crowd of owners and they think they are the kings of the roads. WRONG. I know that not all 05 owners are like that... but i also know alot of them are. If you bought youre 05 because you liked the loooks and enjoy driving it. than great... you dont apply. But if you bought it because you thought 300 hp was the coolest thing on the road... then youre wrong. And you need to go out to youre local drag strip and get beat all day long. Just so everything can sink in.

Quick Reply: We are pricks?