Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OFFICIALLY SCREWED!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2005, 08:04 PM
jay

Default OFFICIALLY SCREWED!

well the verdict is in, i am not going to get delivery of the 05GT i ordered on feb 11th, dealer just called me and said his allocation was denied, so i will have to order an 06 GT, i do not get any priority, other than that the first order out will be mine (from the dealer), that is it, no price carry over, nothing! this really sucks and i think it might be lawsuit material. probably not though, people that arent getting their 05s will just have to bend over and take it dry style. if i didnt want this car so bad i would tell ford to @#$% off and buy something else. so anyways, i am wondering what the specs are on the 06? i have heard that things that were standard on the 05 will be only options on the 06? and as for price, does anyone know? any info would be great. dealer told me that they have nothing on the 06 for info, and cant place any orders untill they get it, who knows when? and when could i expect to actually get one? at least the dealer is going to give the car to me at dealer cost+500.00, i think it should be at the same price i had for the 05, apparently it doesnt work that way. i called another local dealer and they told me that theuy have allocation for 2 more gts and i could have one in 8weeks but would have to pay msrp, i dont think so, so i can than have a car that is allready a year old by the time i get it, not. it looks like i have to start all over on this process, good luck to all you other people who have outstanding orders, and to all the people that allredy have 05 gts, well youre all lucky sob's.
Old 05-27-2005, 08:13 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: OFFICIALLY SCREWED!

That really bites... sorry to hear it.

But, for what's worth, if it were me, I'd be calling/e-mailing every dealer within 300 miles trying to find something I that I wanted that I could buy now. Plus, I would put in another order for an 05 from the dealer who said he could get it in 8 weeks. I would have a coronary (and no hair left) if I had to wait another 6 months for this car. Paying MSRP is a bargain... compared to the bloodsuckers charging thousands more.
Old 05-27-2005, 08:17 PM
jay

msrp might be a bargain but its like 3000.00 more than iwould have paid and thats alot of $ for me, besides, 8 weeks on delivery, i am skeptical, and even so, summer will be over by then, i wont drive in winter, (wi) so i might as well get the 06, as long as the price isnt alot more? i just dont know what to do. i wish i knew more about the 06? does anyone?
Old 05-27-2005, 08:21 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

Dam... Wisconsin? Doubly screwed!! (no offense... but it don't freeze or snow in San Diego, so driving season is 12 months long... I would hate that winter crap... brrrr)
Old 05-27-2005, 08:28 PM
281GT
3rd Gear Member

That really sucks. Sounds like the dealer screwed you. I would try searchig the dealers near you to see if you can find a car that suits your needs. You could also try contacting Ford. I don't think they would be too happy knowing that a dealer bungled your order so badly. I ordered mine April 5 and I have a VIN and build date in the first two weeks of June. You ordered yours alot earlier. I see no reaon why you shouldn't have been able to get it. Stupid dealers.
Old 05-27-2005, 10:51 PM
Scaught
2nd Gear Member

Bro, the dealer i just drove away from is in Seattle WA if you are close to this neck of the woods...
He has a black GT vert sitting pretty waiting to be bought and a white GT coupe as well....

You can find it. I had an order just like you, last week I lost faith and said to hell with it and went out and found just what I wanted...

You have to try...
Old 05-28-2005, 12:33 AM
katonet

If I had it to do all over again I would get the 06 just so the bugs would be worked out. I bought mine in March and have 3000 miles on it and have had it in the shop over a full month total and still have parts on national back order so it will go back in the shop when the parts get in.
Old 05-28-2005, 01:27 AM
Allan.Foskett

Try Zip codes 64152 and 66118 as there are quite a few available in the Kansas City area and at least Thoroughbred takes A and X plans
Old 05-28-2005, 02:34 PM
tomabram
3rd Gear Member

Come to Long Island NY. Plenty of them here. And you can get at least 2K off the sticker.
Old 05-28-2005, 09:40 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Doesn't it sound as if there are people looking for new GTs who seem to expect some sort of DEAL on them?
Put yourself in the dealers place. If someone came in expecting a discount off the MSRP on your hottest selling car in many years while others were ready to buy, which do you think YOU'D do?
Of course if you placed an order you'd think a dealer would do everything he could to locate a car for you- and if not then offer you a 2006 for the same price. But when you're dealing with the hottest car in the country that is also the rarest, thanks to all those companies like Saleen, people tend to lose sight.

Quick Reply: OFFICIALLY SCREWED!