Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shelby GT hood pin bracket

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 07:28 PM
5SPD07GT
Official Site Sponsor

Default Shelby GT hood pin bracket

Anyone using the brackets for hood pins that come on the shelby GTs? I'm trying to find just the brackets. I think this is the whole kit...

http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.co...pin%20kit.aspx
Old 11-16-2008, 07:43 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Don't know that I have ever seen them outside the entire kit Nate....Once in awhile, you can catch a good deal on E Bay for a used set.....

How about a cutout pattern of one. Got someone at work that can make you a pair??

Mike
Old 11-16-2008, 07:47 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

are you looking for a set? PM me.
Old 11-16-2008, 07:53 PM
5SPD07GT
Official Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by mlcrycc
Don't know that I have ever seen them outside the entire kit Nate....Once in awhile, you can catch a good deal on E Bay for a used set.....

How about a cutout pattern of one. Got someone at work that can make you a pair??

Mike
i dont know of anyone who has the resources to make me a pair. I have hood pins but rather than drilling holes under the hood to mount them i think the shelby brackets would be much easier.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:29 PM
nmd55
3rd Gear Member

i ordered the shelby hood pins and installed them this past weekend and i gotta say, i wasnt happy. First the kit from shelby was missing the lower the bolts, which i didnt realize till after i thrown out the package and drilled the holes. So i had to go to Lowes with holes in my hood.

Also the wires look like ****, are way to long and cant get them to bend the right way, so they are in two different directions. Gonna have to trim the wires.

I gotta say for $120 i was expecting much better.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:38 PM
nmd55
3rd Gear Member

also on a side note, and i apologize for hijacking, how do u guys close your hood with hood pins, and the stock hood latch. I really dont like having to push the hood closed, seams like im gonna dent it. But i dont wanna remove the latch either cause i like the extra protection.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:43 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

sorry to hear that nmd. what "missing" bolts are you talking about and where were you trying to install the ends of the wires/hood pins at?

I have removed my wires and put them up. I noticed the plastic wire coating was rubbing the clear and leaving marks (nothing permanent, something I just wasn't happy seeing). Luckily a friend of mine that details for a living came over and buffed them right out.

Old 11-16-2008, 10:50 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by nmd55
also on a side note, and i apologize for hijacking, how do u guys close your hood with hood pins, and the stock hood latch. I really dont like having to push the hood closed, seams like im gonna dent it. But i dont wanna remove the latch either cause i like the extra protection.
I lower the hood very carefully until the hood pins pultrude through the hood and the hood rests on the latch, then with a micofiber rag, I carefully & quickly push down on the hood so it locks into place.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:52 PM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

get rid of the wires, I did also, they look 100x better with out, I had them on my car stood back and was like ugh, so they are off now, and yeah they do mark up the car over time, buddy of mine removed his cause of this.

you can om and ask pascal if he has my brackets kicking around somewhere I just left them at his shop, doubt he wil be able to find them though that was some time ago.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:54 PM
nmd55
3rd Gear Member

i actually drilled the pin hole through the stopper and placed the stopper on top of the pin. i have the ends of the wires attached where u have your pins installed. i guess the wires were meant to be attached more in the center of the radiator support but i didnt want the wires to come out under the hood at an angle. think it looks better if they are straight on. i am a little worried about the wires rubbing the hood but i like the look.

Quick Reply: Shelby GT hood pin bracket