Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustangs hate snow

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 09:54 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

I'll jump in and say the same.
Get a beater.

It's just common sense now.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:03 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Talking

Originally Posted by pascal
I'll jump in and say the same.
Get a beater.

It's just common sense now.
Pascal..that's easy for those of us living in Florida to say..we can drive our sweet beast all year long!!! Having been born and raised in Upstate, NY..... I am glad I'm a Floridian now but I grew up driving rear wheel cars in snow...including my Mustangs and pick-ups. I think it's more about what your used to. Snow, rain..no biggy for me. For others....they are the reason I wish they would put their 'stangs away and buy something safer for THEM to drive so I can be SAFER as well
Old 11-18-2008, 10:05 PM
Left_Ya_Shook
1st Gear Member

if u have a stang u defiantly need a beater
Old 11-18-2008, 11:06 PM
lrgnation
4th Gear Member

The thought of my mustang getting close to snow is too hard to imagine.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:06 AM
Texotic
5th Gear Member

get a beater. something dirt cheap.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:13 AM
EMichael
3rd Gear Member

driving in the snow isn't bad if you know how to.. but if you're talkin damage from salt and whatever, then ya beater it is.. i'm prob gonna steal my dads explorer on any day it snows and i still have school or somewhere to go
Old 11-19-2008, 07:00 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

For all those that say the Stang is ok in the snow (and I consider myself competent in the snow with the Stang), there's the OTHER issue of the OTHER idiots on the road. YOU might be fine with how you can manage the Stang but there's all the other people out there that can't drive for sh*t. I encounter more than 1 instance EVERY winter where I have to take the SUV off-road to avoid some fool sliding out of control. Couldn't do that with the Stang...
Old 11-19-2008, 07:51 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by wilkinda
Pascal..that's easy for those of us living in Florida to say..we can drive our sweet beast all year long!!! Having been born and raised in Upstate, NY..... I am glad I'm a Floridian now but I grew up driving rear wheel cars in snow...including my Mustangs and pick-ups. I think it's more about what your used to. Snow, rain..no biggy for me. For others....they are the reason I wish they would put their 'stangs away and buy something safer for THEM to drive so I can be SAFER as well
I agree with you...
And a beater can be safe as well though.

I'm thinking getting a beater here in FL also, they can't drive for sh#t down here.
My truck just got wacked last month...
Old 11-19-2008, 09:03 AM
ski
4th Gear Member

Agree with the others on getting a winter time beater. But if your budget precludes doing this, and you need to drive your Stang around in the snow, then suggest that you install a set of good quality snow tires on the rear and the skinniest all season tires you can find that will fit on the front wheels, and add some weight in the trunk. I did this with a previous RWD car, and it got around in the snow almost like an AWD vehicle.
Also, the stock UHP all season radials are ok in a few inches of snow on flat roads, but forget about it if the snow piles up to more than that, and/or you need to climb grades(even gradual ones).
Old 11-19-2008, 11:19 AM
2L8IWIN
2nd Gear Member

I put mina away for the winter 3 weeks ago. Damn I can't wait until Spring already!

Quick Reply: Mustangs hate snow