Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does your wife want to drive your car more than you

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 07:04 PM
TheB1GDude
2nd Gear Member

1. My misses can't drive stick

&

2. She thinks that its some sort of beast that's completely uncontrollable that even if she could drive stick she wouldn't be able to.... No idea why she thinks that....
Old 11-28-2008, 07:09 PM
grabberorange1
3rd Gear Member

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by ab
I bought an auto so she could. (car and wife) lol

Thats why I bought Orange and a 5 speed...she hate's em both! She did ask to drive it a few months back to drop my daughter off at a high school dance, said she wanted to look cool instead of sporting the expedition...I just laughed and said NO, it's my car you drive yours...needless to say it was a quiet nite at home.
Old 11-28-2008, 07:14 PM
07q335
4th Gear Member

wife cant drive a stick and i wont teach her lol
Old 11-28-2008, 07:18 PM
degeze
5th Gear Member

I am with 05mustang on this one.

My wife doesn't know how to drive a manual so the mustang is all mine. I have tried to teach her but somehow everytime she says that she doesn't want to break anything.

Here is the story...I was teaching her one Saturday in a open parking lot, and almost no one was on the road so I let her drive home (about 2 miles away). We get going and she starts to hear sirens, she looks in the mirror and a cop is a good ways back but coming up pretty fast. We turn onto a street and the cop turns shortly behind us. Next she slows down to make a turn into our community, I tell her to stop because the cop is behind us. She continues to turn while the cop is trying to turn into the same entrance. She turns the wheels tighter to try and let the cop by and then we hear...THE DAM CURB EATING MY F**KING WHEEL. She stops the car, starts crying, keeps apologizing to me and said I want to replace it. I am so pissed off that she didn't stop when I told her that I don't even want to talk to her. The next day she ordered me another wheel and said she doesn't want to drive my car EVER again...SWEET.

Last edited by degeze; 11-28-2008 at 07:24 PM.
Old 11-28-2008, 07:32 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Nope, not at all...
Old 11-28-2008, 07:51 PM
Atlanta_Tider
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by degeze
I am with 05mustang on this one.

My wife doesn't know how to drive a manual so the mustang is all mine. I have tried to teach her but somehow everytime she says that she doesn't want to break anything.

Here is the story...I was teaching her one Saturday in a open parking lot, and almost no one was on the road so I let her drive home (about 2 miles away). We get going and she starts to hear sirens, she looks in the mirror and a cop is a good ways back but coming up pretty fast. We turn onto a street and the cop turns shortly behind us. Next she slows down to make a turn into our community, I tell her to stop because the cop is behind us. She continues to turn while the cop is trying to turn into the same entrance. She turns the wheels tighter to try and let the cop by and then we hear...THE DAM CURB EATING MY F**KING WHEEL. She stops the car, starts crying, keeps apologizing to me and said I want to replace it. I am so pissed off that she didn't stop when I told her that I don't even want to talk to her. The next day she ordered me another wheel and said she doesn't want to drive my car EVER again...SWEET.
05 is FOS, his wife can drive the car better than he can!! My wife on the other hand drives the stang more than me. Its an auto, she is scared to go fast in it so I have that much going for me, but dammit she can hit some ****.
Old 11-28-2008, 08:13 PM
Not1My1Fault
2nd Gear Member

I let my girl freind drive my car alot but only if im in the car with her. "i always get paid back later =P" i aculy enjoy leting her drive and just siting back and enjoying my car.
Alot of guy in trucks and camaros are always try to race her .. i always let her race it , it funny to see the look on there face when she blows them away.
Old 11-28-2008, 08:24 PM
mdg
4th Gear Member

My wife has never driven the Stang, she says she can't see over the hood. That's fine with me.
Old 11-28-2008, 08:35 PM
snooj
1st Gear Member

I think she's trying to hint that she wants one of her own.
Old 11-28-2008, 08:41 PM
2005mach1
4th Gear Member

Yes she does
ever since I showed her how to turn off traction control, she
goes around smokin the tires and banging second gear

Quick Reply: Does your wife want to drive your car more than you