MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   Please help me make my new car choice (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/501724-please-help-me-make-my-new-car-choice.html)

avengence 12-03-2008 08:59 AM

Wait for the GT. You will get the v6 and then later want the GT. It happens to a lot of people and I see people go car to car and then finally end with the GT. I would start with the GT. If you live with your parents, get on their insurance, it will save you money for insurance. You shouldnt have to pay over 1500 a year for it (little over 100 a month).

iROK24/7 12-03-2008 09:43 AM

Can't argue with the replies you've gotten so far, but the KEY to your choice is to consider your AGE & the personal character traits you listed!

If it were ME... I'd find a used GT that's been modded to my taste - they're so many available for so little compared to the crazy money you're prepared to spend on a V6... When I see the DEALS on used GTs with loads of COOL upgrades (that I'd end up wanting to do if I had a stock GT) I can't believe I didn't research Mustangs longer before pulling the trigger & buying my V6! I've got 15K invested in mine, for 18K I could have bought a NICELY modded 3 year-old GT... dammit!

On the other hand, you're only 18 & know yourself to be an impatient leadfoot, so you would probably wrap a GT around a tree within 6 months & become a "teen-driver" statistic! My V6 is plenty fast enough that I'd have been thrilled to own it @ 18!

shoeys08dkcandygt 12-03-2008 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by MachRanger (Post 5711408)
+1 on the GT. Go test drive a V6 and a GT and if you like the extra power and performance then go for the GT. And in a year from now there'll probably be a bunch of used ones in the lots cuz of the new 2010 sold. Maybe even some with some mods. Once you drive a GT you won't want anything else.

+1000000. take it from someone who has owned both the v6 and the gt. gt ftmfw
just more fun to drive and modding it is fun too. the extra 100 horses under the hood is a must.

Margarita Girl 12-03-2008 01:01 PM

Get a used GT.

paydirt 12-03-2008 02:56 PM

I sell insurance for a living. The price difference between the v6 and the GT for me was about 5 bucks a month haha. don't believe any rumors you hear. a mustang is a mustang. Rates are based off of replacement cost so the difference between the pony package v6 I had and the base model GT I bought wasnt that big. Just go with a used GT. The v6 was kinda cool but to be honest I hated it everytime I drove it. SO WEAK!

oh and another "insurance myth" to put to rest is, don't base your color choice off insurance price either, we could care less what color the car is, red, blue, yellow, you could have a lime green one and we wouldn't care. until your 25 your rates are going to be high, so if your getting a mustang, just go with the GT.

157dB 12-03-2008 03:39 PM

2009 Dodge Challenger SRT FTW.

06Slicks 12-03-2008 03:57 PM

is this a serious question? driving a v6 is like showering with your clothes on, or having sex with a condom...its just not the same!:cool:

devin gt/cs 12-03-2008 05:19 PM

the v6 gt66 may look cool but get a gt. i have no idea where and how iROK24/7 spent
15k in his v6. thats just not the brightest thing to do, sorry iROK, don't mean to knock on you

tungsten07 12-03-2008 05:28 PM

yeah go with the gt. if you buy that mustang with the fancy name, body kit, and rims you're going to be a smiles until someone blows your door off in a stock gt or even that new hyundai that out accelerates a boxter according to the advertisements lol. that's when you get depressed and park your car and talk to everyone about how much you hate it. plus with that car it just ain't cool to only be able to "talk the talk" you've got to be able to "walk the walk" too! unless you're not into that kinda stuff... but then why are you looking at mustangs???? and I definitely don't mean to start a flame war here but i just don't see the point of a 6 cyl mustang. if that's all I was going to be able to get than not for nothing but I'd be looking for a different kind of car. i remember when I was in highschool and someone in my class bought a brand new v6 convertible when the new edge's first came out. he thought it was the **** and than all I remember was him getting ridiculed for buying a v6. don't be that guy!

Shelby_Daytona 12-03-2008 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by 157db (Post 5713566)
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT FTW.

Another loser to stir the pot ....

Go with the GT! You'll regret the V6