Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Borla Stinger Axle-Back Installed!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 02:01 PM
Branomano06GT
3rd Gear Member

Default Borla Stinger Axle-Back Installed!

Well I got home last night it was dark and I was tired but I opened the gate and there it was. My big brown box and I couldn't contain myself i had waited to long already so I pulled the car into the Driveway grabbed a 15 MM Torque Wrench and a 13 MM a flashlight and looked everywhere for my dads roll stands or whatever the called I couldnt find them so I said forget it and I got to work. By the way I am 6 foot and weight 280 pounds oh yeah it was tight. So anyway I read Tacobill's Guide like 1 billion times and I went for it spent about an hour on each muffler. But what I am worried about it when I was done went to feel the "play" of the muffler as in how much it wiggles and the passenger side was perfect maybe 1/2 inch to 1 inch of strong play but the driver side had like 1 -2 inches of play and was not as strong so i looked and I noticed one of the bolt's from the hangers on the ground and realized omg I didnt screw that one back in.... so i went back to try but I could move it to put the screw in so I went to loosen the other one (this is the hanger that is on top of the muffler and hard to reach) and I couldn't but eveything seemed tight/steady and I drove to work and it was all good..... I will probably get **** about it and fix it tonight but if I dont get a chance will it be ok?
Old 12-03-2008, 02:04 PM
devin gt/cs
2nd Gear Member

congrats. if you cant do it just shoot me a pm, i live in the area and could help you out
Old 12-03-2008, 02:12 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Ya bro, you need that bolt in or your going to get some really bad raddle sounds from the hanger over time trust me on this. I love my stingers to death but they will raddle crap lose if you do not snug everything down good.

Oh ya, here is the trick to putting it back in. Use one hand to lift the stinger up and high as you can to take the pressure off the brackit and with the other hand put it in and just get it as good as you can with your fingers before letting the stinger back down then get your box wrench on it and crank it down good.

Last edited by CutterWolf; 12-03-2008 at 02:32 PM.
Old 12-03-2008, 02:22 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Other than possibly shaking some other connections loose, it shouldn't be a problem. Fix her up ASAP. Love my Stingers!
Old 12-03-2008, 02:56 PM
Branomano06GT
3rd Gear Member

Alright yeah good to know I have noticed no rattling yet like I said that 1 bolt is super tight but Ill go ahead and take the 10 minutes to tighten it all up good tonight. Thanks for the offer Devin also how the hell do you pull off and O/R H in Cali I would kill for one hehe just to worried I guess as for this horrible drone I haave heard about it seems to me like it's just so deep that its basically like listening to the bass as loud as possible I don't mind it I think it sounds mean =) I can deal with it so it's all good =) Can't wait to show em off at the cruise this Saturday. My stang is now louder then my dad's Yukon Denali XL and that thing sounds like a damn boat haha.
Old 12-03-2008, 02:59 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Branomano06GT
Alright yeah good to know I have noticed no rattling yet like I said that 1 bolt is super tight but Ill go ahead and take the 10 minutes to tighten it all up good tonight. Thanks for the offer Devin also how the hell do you pull off and O/R H in Cali I would kill for one hehe just to worried I guess as for this horrible drone I haave heard about it seems to me like it's just so deep that its basically like listening to the bass as loud as possible I don't mind it I think it sounds mean =) I can deal with it so it's all good =) Can't wait to show em off at the cruise this Saturday. My stang is now louder then my dad's Yukon Denali XL and that thing sounds like a damn boat haha.
You can install high flow cat's on a O/R H-pipe which should make you good to go in Cali
Old 12-03-2008, 03:07 PM
Branomano06GT
3rd Gear Member

Serious? Cool but then I would have to worry even more about the sound level I am good with my stinger's though just wanna get em on tight my brain won't allow me to think "Job Complete Ready for more mods" until i get that last damn bolt in HAHA next thing is either going to be GT500 Front end or CAI/Tune depending on how everything works out for the holidays =)
Old 12-03-2008, 03:10 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Branomano06GT
Serious? Cool but then I would have to worry even more about the sound level I am good with my stinger's though just wanna get em on tight my brain won't allow me to think "Job Complete Ready for more mods" until i get that last damn bolt in HAHA next thing is either going to be GT500 Front end or CAI/Tune depending on how everything works out for the holidays =)
Yes, check with the diffrant companys for one's with cats and they should tell you if they are 50 state legal, most are.
Old 12-03-2008, 03:10 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

sorry to get alittle off topic here, but I have a question regarding the Borla Stingers and a comment that Branomano06GT made about the drone in one of the above posts...

would you say that the Borla's drone more than the Flowmaster's?...and if so, is a considerable amount. I found someone up by me that may still have a set just sitting around. He sold his car long ago and I might be able to pick them up for around $150-$200.
Old 12-03-2008, 03:18 PM
Branomano06GT
3rd Gear Member

I am honestly not sure my exhaust is the only aftermarket one I have heard other then honda's with fart cannons but from what I have read flowmasters have much less drone but there not as deep the drone IMO is really just how deep the bass of the Stingers are... I feel like if a ricer was behind me if I gave him a 5k rev his spoiler, rims, and fart can would just fall off returning his POS to stock hahaha feels/sound powerful i am loving it. True muscle sound is sooooooo dead on.

Quick Reply: Borla Stinger Axle-Back Installed!