Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My next mods, need some opinions...

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 06:21 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Default My next mods, need some opinions...

I'm running out of available bolt-ons and thinking about adding an aftermarket TB, pulleys, maybe electric water pump, CMCV deletes, and COP's. I know some of these won't gain me much (if any) hp, such as the larger TB (maybe it will with my cams producing more topend?) and COP's but I know the pulleys and deletes would.

What's your opinions on these available bolt-ons keeping in mind that I'll be centrifugal supercharged by April.

They will all work with the s/c... just wondering which are worth it and the order I should purchase them.
Old 12-04-2008, 06:27 PM
Branomano06GT
3rd Gear Member

I hear Electric Water Pumps are good for 8-10HP doesn't sound too bad to me.
Old 12-04-2008, 06:31 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

yeah... I was considering the electric H20 pump "instead of" UDP's because I have a 1000 watt amplifier that pulls a bit of juice and the electric pump will help keep the car cool under boost. the electric water pump may just be my next mod...
Old 12-04-2008, 06:32 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Well, the delete plate will compliment your blower, but I don't think you want to do underdrive pullies.......
Old 12-04-2008, 06:36 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

yeah, UDP's/electric water pump was kind of an either/or decision. the water pump gains you about the same hp as the pulleys w/o the underdrive issues and additional cooling potential as a plus.

I think the pulleys are out of the equation and water pump is in.
Old 12-04-2008, 06:41 PM
Margarita Girl
Is the tide gonna reach my chair?

Originally Posted by Rubrignitz
I'm running out of available bolt-ons and thinking about adding an aftermarket TB, pulleys, maybe electric water pump, CMCV deletes, and COP's. I know some of these won't gain me much (if any) hp, such as the larger TB (maybe it will with my cams producing more topend?) and COP's but I know the pulleys and deletes would.

What's your opinions on these available bolt-ons keeping in mind that I'll be centrifugal supercharged by April.

They will all work with the s/c... just wondering which are worth it and the order I should purchase them.
Wait till you have the blower installed.

You may want to go with a SPEC clutch.
Old 12-04-2008, 06:41 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

As for the delete plates.... I'm still waiting on this phantom intake from C&L to appear. It does away with the delete plates but they keep saying it's "almost here!" yet never does...

Oh,,, I already have a lightning force perf one-piece dshaft. I told you... I'm running out of mods!
Old 12-04-2008, 06:45 PM
zporta
5th Gear Member

what blower do u have on order? some ppl on here b4 were sayin they think the spec clutch is junk
Old 12-04-2008, 06:45 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Haven't thought about the clutch, I know the stocker really sucks once you hit 400+whp. I may have to start a clutch fund.. no telling how much life is left in mine now. no slippage.. yet.
Old 12-04-2008, 06:48 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

I don't have a blower on order yet but just sold a powerboat to a family member that promised to pay me the 10k after the first of the year. Waiting for that money to arrive. The only mod I've done to this car that has been financed with credit card were the cams and I already regret that, especially after hearing that citi is going to raise the rates...

Quick Reply: My next mods, need some opinions...