Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Last Straw with Ford

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 08:03 PM
showam1
I ♥ Acer

Default Last Straw with Ford

Ok, you all read about my incident with the mechanic with his screwdriver in his pocket messing up my leather seat, then their insistence that I caused it by wearing blue jeans, and it "must be the rivet on my side pocket"... only for them to put a fresh rip in it when they worked on it again, then it was like pulling teeth to get them to fix it, but they eventually had it repaired locally.
But this is new, I happened to be on a road trip and much to my surprise, found out I have the notorious gas tank issue. (The station I use normally doesn’t have a problem)
So I called BERGE FORD to have my gas tank replaced under the TSB, they ordered the parts, but 20 days later, no call, so I called them, and the parts were in, but nobody called me... I guess my service guy was out of town... you would think they would have someone to do his job cover him, but that is a different subject all together.
To make a long story short, they can't duplicate the problem so they won't change the tank. EVEN though they know that the TSB is out and it is a known issue!
Ford tells them they have to be able to duplicate it. From what I've seen is that this is gas station dependant, and Now I have to go out and search for a station that my mustang won't fill at! ALL THIS WHILE THERE IS A TSB OUT on a known issue!
I also asked them to pop the plug on the MANUAL trany to look for shavings due to another TSB and they said they aren’t allowed to even look unless I PAY! I have had my mustang since the very start of Jan, so I fall within the TSB dates
Marty
Old 06-01-2005, 08:09 PM
Martin123
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Last Straw with Ford

Dude, there has to be another dealer in your area. Shop around and ultimatley send those guys to hell!
Old 06-01-2005, 08:15 PM
showam1
I ♥ Acer

I also asked them to look in to why sometimes I hit the gas and my car shuts down for a second or two before going...
Answer: ford says that is normal because it is a drive by wire car,

Anyone find that a sorry excuse for a "performance" car?
Old 06-01-2005, 08:22 PM
Martin123
2nd Gear Member

Wild guess, but try disactivating the traction controll. The manual stated that the traction control will slightly apply the rear disc brakes and reduce your torqe.
Old 06-01-2005, 08:27 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Definitely time to go dealer shopping. Ask around to anyone else you know that has a Ford, get recommendations. Then, go to the dealer, sit down with the service manager, tell your story to him, and say that if he can offer you better service you would gladly give him your business. You would be surprised what something that simple can accomplish. Remember, just because these guys all work for the same company doesn't mean that they are not in competition with one another.
Old 06-01-2005, 08:30 PM
showam1
I ♥ Acer

after the first time the Traction control was deactivated, it did it again
Old 06-01-2005, 10:58 PM
281GT
3rd Gear Member

Yup, your dealer needs to be sent packing. Just go to another dealer. You might also want to let Ford know about the treatment you have been receiving from them Here's a good related story story for you.
A friend of mine was working as a service writer for a Ford dealer near here. A customer's Lincoln came in on a tow truck. The customer left it there and said he would be back the next day. They looked at it. The car would start, reluctantly but ran terrible and was basically undrivable. Further inspection revealed that the engine still had the original factory oil filter installed. The car had just over 60,000 miles on it! The engine was the 32 valve 4.6. When the customer came back it was explained that it would not be covered by warranty because the engine had never been serviced and fell under the category of severe abuse.
The dealer informed the customer that yes they would replace the engine but because of the abuse the cost would not be covered by warranty.
The customer became irrate and left after some argument.
The customer contacted Ford and bitched and moaned. Ford instructed the dealer to replace the engine under warranty. They indicated that this was being done ONLY for the sake of customer service and that it was to be made very clear that this was an exception. The dealer was re-embursed for all costs.
The moral of the story is that if you make noise you can often get what you want. In this case the customer deserved nothing better than a good swift kick in the butt HOWEVER...

Your case is a legitimate warranty issue. Go to another dealer and let Ford know about the trouble you've had. Ford can't correct a problem that they are not aware of!
Old 06-01-2005, 11:54 PM
rjonesjr34
1st Gear Member

I don't want to come across as an *** but if the problem only occured at one station I don't think you should be freaking out this much about it. My stang did it a couple times but eventually it stopped and I probably only lost about 3 minutes of my life due to the problem. I think your just over reactions about with the TSB's, i'm not saying someonethings not wrong with the car, im just saying maybe it isn't that big a deal. If they can't replicate the problem why should they go through all the trouble of replacing the tank, in their eyes it may just be freak occurance your tank did that.
Old 06-02-2005, 12:49 AM
showam1
I ♥ Acer

I guess I could see you're point, IF I planned on only using my local station for the entire life of my car. Of course I couldn't drive it on trips without dealing with a car design that has caused so much trouble as to have a TSB issued on it.
This may be ok with you, however, I don't want to deal with it.
It is a known issue, just because i happen to use only one gas station that dosen't have this problem, in no way means that it shouldn't be corrected.

Lets say you drive to work every day at 35 miles per hour max, after 6 months of this you take a trip and can use the freeway, only to find you're sports car can only go 50 mph. You then find out that ford knows that the top speed of you're car is 50 mph because of a computer glitch and wrote a TSB on it. To make it worse, they can't duplicate the problem in their parking lot, Do you have a gripe?
Or are YOU just causing a scene because after all, it only happened once!

This was the first time I used a different gas station, because its a NEW car.
Old 06-02-2005, 07:05 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Oh Crap!!!!![>:][:'(][:@] I just made an appointment with Berg Ford regarding a TSB on an Escape (It threw the Check engine light on)...you talking about the one in Mesa right?

Don't go to Earnhardt Ford they suck exhaust too. Took my wifes Escape there for a clutch. The service advisor we were working with told us they could keep her truck over night (Friday to saturday) to tear it down while they waited for parts so that on Saturday they could get it ready by the end of the day. Saturday rolls around, no parts...no biggie. Monday, Truck is still not done after they have the parts. The service advisor tells me it's 'in progress' I stop by on my way home. They hadn't even put it up on the lift!?!

After talking to the Service Manager he informs me they don't tear a vehicle down until AFTER the parts arrive. Needless to say I was pixxed. Finaly got it back..barely on Tuesday. One they lied to me..two they lied to me, and three they tried to tell us we had a coolant leak and we would need new hoses and clamps. I was like 'HELLO YOU HAVE TO DROP THE ENGINE DOWN TO REPLACE THE CLUTCH ON THAT TRUCK. THAT MEANS THE HOSE CLAMPS GOT JACKED BY YOUR TECH. I"M NOT PAYIN. The final straw was that they 'washed' her truck, it amounted to a spray down with water which made it more of a mess than what it was.

I Hope Berg is better but I'll let you know how it goes.....

Quick Reply: Last Straw with Ford