Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which Hood Would Look Best?
2.5" Cowl
35.82%
Concept Hood
17.91%
Ram Air Hood
17.91%
Stalker Hood
1.49%
Type IV Hood
19.40%
Other (Please Specify)
7.46%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Help Me Decide On A Hood

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 03:14 PM
degeze
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 06elnr
...just cuz i am from south alabama why they got to throw out the "white trash" term...LOL
LOL...man that's funny.
Old 12-16-2008, 03:24 PM
06elnr
5th Gear Member

I think I can back up my cowl hood...125 Zex... now if I had a vtec motor and a cowl hood you could talk trash about me.LOL
Old 12-16-2008, 05:38 PM
washamur
3rd Gear Member

I don't see what the problem with having a cowl hood is ... I'm leaning towards it since that hood combined w/ my front end would probably look the best.

I asked opinions on what people thought would look best, but in the end it is my decision to make. I'm just taking my time since it could turn out to be a costly mistake.

... but in the end, I don't give a rats *** if I pull up somewhere and get out of my car and someone ask me "why I have a cowl hood" ... simple answer would be, "I thought it looked great with the rest of the car".

Pretty much everyone on here knows that I'm not overly obsessed with getting more power out of my car. It is a daily driver and where it sits now is fine by me. I do (however) like to own "head-turners" ... I will make my car as unique as I can.

I appreciate everyone's comments ... there have certainly been some suggestions that I never thought of. Price is somewhat of an issue when calculating the price of the paint as well. So I can't see myself paying over $700 for a hood that still needs paint. The cowl hood is running about $495+shipping+paint. Hopefully that wont come to any more than about $800 - but of course I know I will get what I pay for ... and I WILL find the BEST body shop here to do the work.

Thanks again everyone ... I've registered my vote for the cowl.
Old 12-16-2008, 11:53 PM
thedrod
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by washamur
I don't see what the problem with having a cowl hood is ...

I asked opinions on what people thought would look best, but in the end it is my decision to make. I'm just taking my time since it could turn out to be a costly mistake.

... but in the end, I don't give a rats *** if I pull up somewhere and get out of my car and someone ask me "why I have a cowl hood" ... simple answer would be, "I thought it looked great with the rest of the car".

Thanks again everyone ... I've registered my vote for the cowl.
I really didn't mean to rub anybody the wrong way. I personally am just a fan of "bite before bark." And a cowl hood is definitely barking.

I am a big fan of sleepers and not vice versa. I think the cars on here especially our "redneck from Alabama" look amazing...but again I wouldn't do that to my car because I like to fly under the radar.

I briefly entertained the idea of the GT500 front end conversion. I think it looks amazing...but I could spend that money on cams or Livernois heads or something.

and btw, I'm in Texas, I own guns, drink budweiser, hunt deer, and wear camo. But during the week I wear a tie, so I am part redneck too...and...I am visiting fam in Birmingham, AL this holiday.

;-)
Old 12-17-2008, 12:08 AM
mustang country
2nd Gear Member

I think the Ram Air Hood is the perfect fit for your car.
Old 12-17-2008, 01:42 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

I voted for the cowl and then the Ram air type 4......I hate the stalker and think Cervinis bombed on that whole kit....JMO