Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MID MOUNT MUFFLER ( MAC-FLOWMASTER ETC) POSSIBLE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 02:35 PM
07torchredgt
2nd Gear Member

Default MID MOUNT MUFFLER ( MAC-FLOWMASTER ETC) POSSIBLE!!!

A while back the warmachine posted a vid of a mustang with mid mounted flowmaster 40 series. IT was on a while gt cs... They were regular 40 series, not aggressive enough as the super 44's are louder but the fact is THEY DID IT.

I then found a vid on youtube, of another s197 owner who put 40's on, mid mounted...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Usf36...e=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrItV...eature=channel

Everyone knows that a mid mounted muffler sounds more hollow, less sputtery, and generally more old school, and of course MUCH LESS DRONE!!!

Imagine this set up with mac mufflers, or the new super aggressive Flowmasters released leading off to deep and hollow sounding 3 " pipe all the way back. Ladies and gentlemen that would be hands down the sexiest sounding setup , likely with little if no drone at all, and not even that expensive.

I wish i wasn't so broke right now, or i'd be the guinea pig. Someone should definitely do it though it would sound awesome, and now I see that it is 100% possible. I just don't get why Mac , Pypes, Flowmaster or Bassani don't just release a super aggressive chambered mid muffler kit already. ITS DO ABLE!!! I would pay for it and I know that a lot of you guys would too!
Old 12-16-2008, 02:39 PM
Legion5
5th Gear Member

It's been posted. Incase anyone doesn't know this Mid Mounted mufflers are universally agreed by "car people" sound better.
Old 12-16-2008, 04:39 PM
cougarfan088
2nd Gear Member

im not really sure what this thread is getting at...I think we all want a company to make a mid chambered set up but its much more fun if u can make it yourself..
Old 12-16-2008, 05:01 PM
07torchredgt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by cougarfan088
im not really sure what this thread is getting at...I think we all want a company to make a mid chambered set up but its much more fun if u can make it yourself..
The intent of the thread was

1.to inform people that it is possible to have a mid mount exhaust other than Pypes and in doing so would...

-Encourage other people to get it done themselves - with sound clips

- Create demand which may pressure or encourage an aftermarket manufacturer to create an out of the box system for those of us who don't have the time, or technical knowledge to take on a custom project.

2. Perhaps locate someone on these forums who have already done this and would be willing to provide a How-To on the subject.

Thanks.
Old 12-16-2008, 05:06 PM
mynameismike65
4th Gear Member

Those are 1moreparts vids, which reminds me he never posted a driveby clip.....hint hint. Yeah I wish someone did this with flowpaths and an o/r h
Old 12-16-2008, 05:07 PM
cougarfan088
2nd Gear Member

the guy with the black gt with the brenspeed h-pipe is on this forum...I believe he did a how-to on it.
Old 12-16-2008, 05:08 PM
Joolander
Lord High Protector

i looked into getting my mufflers moved to mid mount (i have Flowmaster Super 44's)

the only thing keeping me from doing it on the cheap was that my axleback mufflers are single offset, and the only way they would fit in the mid mounted setup would be double offset

otherwise, they would fit
Old 12-16-2008, 05:29 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by 07torchredgt
The intent of the thread was

1.to inform people that it is possible to have a mid mount exhaust other than Pypes and in doing so would...

-Encourage other people to get it done themselves - with sound clips

- Create demand which may pressure or encourage an aftermarket manufacturer to create an out of the box system for those of us who don't have the time, or technical knowledge to take on a custom project.

2. Perhaps locate someone on these forums who have already done this and would be willing to provide a How-To on the subject.

Thanks.
I have done it for a customer when those cars first came out...
40 series. It sounded mean and to this day, it's still the best S197 sound I've heard.

Note: The customer had a fuel cell in the trunk and removed the OEM saddle type tank.
That gave me the room to fit the mufflers underneath.
If you retain the original gas tank, it's gonna be a tight fit and those mufflers might sit too low.

Good luck.
Old 12-16-2008, 05:45 PM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

Blah to this idea.

1morepart hyped this up like no other and his sound clips licked pouch. The reason he didnt post any other vids is because its not as bad *** as he claimed I garuntee it u could tell in the video clip, he posted 2 of them before and removed one of them, In the one vid he removed he reved the car up to about 5 grand and it wasnt aggressive at all or as hollow as what he claimed. Then next video he posted he didnt even rev it past 3 grand it remotly sounds like it at idle but anything over 3 grand it wasnt even close.

His sound clips are viewable in HD so I know for a fact that the sound is not far off, you can listen to other new edges etc online and they own that set up , BIG FAIL IMO.

The mac mufflers are huge so I dont see it happening even then it still wont sound that much diff, maybe at idle but these cars after 3 grand dont rev like any other mustang from what I have noticed.

And if you plan on keeping the giant wheel gap on your car for ever then sure this may be up your alley but if you plan to lower good luck.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:01 PM
oi8achevy
2nd Gear Member

the cervini side exit exhaust uses a muffler location to what i think your refering to. the downside is the loss of ground clearance unless your going to modify the floor pan to recess the mufflers.

Quick Reply: MID MOUNT MUFFLER ( MAC-FLOWMASTER ETC) POSSIBLE!!!