Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vortech S/C installed, dyno and first impressions

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 09:47 AM
VistaGT
4th Gear Member

Great numbers I'm impressed. Now I think I could go with this kit though I will still wait for some more goodies from you
Old 12-18-2008, 09:53 AM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by VistaGT
Great numbers I'm impressed. Now I think I could go with this kit though I will still wait for some more goodies from you
I popped the hood last night and it sure does look pretty. I just got the regular satin kit, but it still looks real nice and clean. The Boost-A-Pump controller install is pretty slick too. They mounted it in the trunk on the driver's side in front of the taillight.

Brenspeed also told me that my Brisk spark plugs came in and are shipping out today. So it looks likely that I'll be doing the plug change next weekend. They were on backorder, but Brenspeed assured me that I'd be ok on the stock plugs for now. Anyone know of any sort of how-to or write-up on that?
Old 12-18-2008, 10:09 AM
VistaGT
4th Gear Member

I remember seeing a write-up somewhere on the plugs, not sure if it was on here. I'll check it out. From what I've heard the driveablitity goes up with the colder plugs!
Old 12-18-2008, 10:13 AM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

I remember seeing a write-up somewhere on the plugs, not sure if it was on here. I'll check it out. From what I've heard the driveablitity goes up with the colder plugs!
Ok cool, yeah if you find it let me know. I've never done the change before, but I know it should be pretty easy. I need to find out the torque to use when installing the new plugs.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:21 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mudflap
I popped the hood last night and it sure does look pretty. I just got the regular satin kit, but it still looks real nice and clean. The Boost-A-Pump controller install is pretty slick too. They mounted it in the trunk on the driver's side in front of the taillight.

Brenspeed also told me that my Brisk spark plugs came in and are shipping out today. So it looks likely that I'll be doing the plug change next weekend. They were on backorder, but Brenspeed assured me that I'd be ok on the stock plugs for now. Anyone know of any sort of how-to or write-up on that?
the satin kit is awesome, not just because that's what I have, but it has the appearance of belonging under the hood...if that makes sense?? the polished version is very nice, but stands out by itself, whereas the satin version just flows with everything...JMO

maybe I'm just crazy...LOL!!
Old 12-18-2008, 10:35 AM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

I received a reply from the shop on the A/F:

"We used your wide band in your car to monitor the A/F. It was at 11.3 to 11.5 thru the entire run."

That wasn't exactly what I had in mind, lol, however I believe those #s are in range...?
Old 12-18-2008, 11:09 AM
shoeys08dkcandygt
4th Gear Member

nice numbers bro. congrats on gettin blown.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:29 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

I swapped my plugs out to the Autolite HT0's a few months back and maybe it was just me, but the car felt much better afterwards....but it could have also been that my other plugs were really needing to be changed out and now it's back to where it was when I had the car done??
Old 12-18-2008, 12:00 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 05 Mustang
I swapped my plugs out to the Autolite HT0's a few months back and maybe it was just me, but the car felt much better afterwards....but it could have also been that my other plugs were really needing to be changed out and now it's back to where it was when I had the car done??
Was the swap real easy? I'd really like to find a "how to" or something as I've never attempted it. I need to make sure I have the right tools as well...
Old 12-18-2008, 12:11 PM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

Congrats glad you are happy.

Quick Reply: Vortech S/C installed, dyno and first impressions