Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Snow in Vegas = Damage to Mustang :( I need your help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 07:42 AM
S197steve
4th Gear Member

Sorry to hear about the damage... that's some fairly severe damage to an 'unbendable' part of the car. I'd imagine you'd be better off replacing it. The repairs might not look all that good.

One the funny side, it snowed here in Houston,TX last week too... when it was all said and done we got about an inch.

Old 12-18-2008, 10:49 AM
06elnr
5th Gear Member

need a better pic of the damage to tell....
Old 12-18-2008, 11:01 AM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Steve O Chap
Sorry to hear about the damage... that's some fairly severe damage to an 'unbendable' part of the car. I'd imagine you'd be better off replacing it. The repairs might not look all that good.

One the funny side, it snowed here in Houston,TX last week too... when it was all said and done we got about an inch.

Ya Baytown got about 5~7inch
it was crazy I was halfway upto my Knee (should have taken more pictures)
(I feared for my car so didn't go into work the next day)
Old 12-18-2008, 11:24 AM
snicksrolos
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
Dude, that might be snow FALLING, but in Vegas I'm sure your roads were only wet. So don't blame it on snow. As long as your surface temps haven't dipped below freezing (and that takes a number of sub-freezing days to do) your roads were simply wet. Face it, you were hot doggin' and lost it... Mr. Big Rock was simply minding his own business.

As far as the damage, sorry to hear that. From the pics it shouldn't be too bad a repair job especially since it's all cosmetic. Otherwise, go for totally new.
10 years ago with this car I definitely would have been "hot doggin" it, but in this case, there's a lot of construction by my house right now, and the snow simply camolflauged a rock that I normally swerve to miss.

Thanks for all of your replies guys, I'll get some better pics of the damage up here shortly...time to go back to the body shops for estimates (I was just through this with my door)!

DOH!
Old 12-18-2008, 11:32 AM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

Welcome to our world up North!! Thats nothing compared to what we deal with every winter!
Old 12-18-2008, 11:40 AM
gothamems
3rd Gear Member

First off, sorry about the bumper my friend, that blows and I feel your pain. I just put my car away for a long winters nap today, I live in RI and we're expecting 8" - 10" of snow starting tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails Snow in Vegas = Damage to Mustang :( I need your help!-dsc00815.jpg  
Old 12-18-2008, 11:46 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

And imagine that on the GROUND.... LOL! When I was in PA it usually stayed on the ground from the day it started until late February or early March. And even then, I was still chopping ice in April to get my boats and camper out.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:58 AM
paydirt
2nd Gear Member

haha all this snow....maybe someone should contact the all mighty Al Gore, global warming is most definentally in effect! NOT.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:03 PM
buster
4th Gear Member

It snowed in Vegas? Did the Nevada snow plough get on the streets? I was there a few years ago and it was 55 degrees out and people were walking around in parkas and I was in shorts and a tshirt. I think I heard the phrase "stupid Canadian" a few times lol.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:20 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by buster
It snowed in Vegas? Did the Nevada snow plough get on the streets? I was there a few years ago and it was 55 degrees out and people were walking around in parkas and I was in shorts and a tshirt. I think I heard the phrase "stupid Canadian" a few times lol.
They're more tourist-friendly these days. NOW they'd say "stupid Canadian, ehh?"

Quick Reply: Snow in Vegas = Damage to Mustang :( I need your help!