Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

back seat delete???anyone have pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 03:45 PM
So_Cali
5th Gear Member

I really see no point in our back seats...Hardly anyone fits back there besides kids or pets like Miloman said. I almost feel sorry for any normal sized person thats forced to squeeze back there LOL even my skinny *** has a hard time squeezing back there when I clean the interior. For those that have done the delete, is there an increase in road noise or anything like that?

No offense to those with kiddies or pets

Last edited by So_Cali; 12-20-2008 at 03:47 PM. Reason: EDIT!!!
Old 12-20-2008, 03:54 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

yea the search dont work great on here, and our seats dont way much but every pound counts
Old 12-20-2008, 04:05 PM
miloman
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 06RFSTANG
But some of us have small kids
I would have never bought the car with no rear seat.
Let me rephrase.

Ford should have offered the option of rear seat or no rear seat. Either the rear seat should have been an added option, or the delete should have been an option. Then you are happy and I am also happy .
Old 12-20-2008, 04:07 PM
1morepart
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by So_Cali
I really see no point in our back seats...Hardly anyone fits back there besides kids or pets like Miloman said. I almost feel sorry for any normal sized person thats forced to squeeze back there LOL even my skinny *** has a hard time squeezing back there when I clean the interior. For those that have done the delete, is there an increase in road noise or anything like that?

No offense to those with kiddies or pets

anyone have an answer to noise?
Old 12-20-2008, 04:39 PM
ndgoalie35
2nd Gear Member

I don't know why you wouldn't want the rear seats. You can fit 3 or 4 women back there.
Old 12-20-2008, 07:01 PM
miloman
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ndgoalie35
I don't know why you wouldn't want the rear seats. You can fit 3 or 4 women back there.
you can barely fit a couple 3 or 4 year olds back there :P
Old 12-20-2008, 07:14 PM
1morepart
4th Gear Member

Cool

so, basically no one has done this with a dd.......
Old 12-20-2008, 07:26 PM
clintster77
2nd Gear Member

Everyone talks about rear seat delete but no one talks about taking the passenger side front seat out only . I have not done it to a mustang but I have done it to my sport compact toyota . It is a very small car and I needed to deliver a lot of pizzas so i took out the front seat to make room and to get them out of the back seat easier .I don't deliver pizzas anymore but I never put it back in . It is now a 3 seater . Everyone likes to ride with me in it .especially in the rear passenger side because of all the leg room . The rear 2 seats are easy to get in and out of also.

That would make the mustang great for 2 full size adults and one child .Oh and mommy can sit next to baby and not be cramped .
How much do you think the front seat weighs ?
Old 12-20-2008, 07:26 PM
wolfpup
bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay

either most people posting in this thread are obese and chubby or grossly exagerrating. i have no problem fitting grown folks in back seats...
Old 12-20-2008, 08:55 PM
StangHarley
1st Gear Member

Rather a small back seating area in a Genuine American Ford Mustang than a honda (lower case intentional). If you have a family and you're concerned about their comfort buy a mini-van. When you're young, starting a family and can't afford two vehicles but still want some fun (when it's appropriate) then get a Mustang, pay it off and get a mini van as the kids get older for Mom to taxi around.
Usually, my back seat has a CD case in it - with the occasional grocery bag (Extra Stout).
I wish I had pics of a S197 rear seat delete, like you asked. I remember a motor-head friend from the past shaping plywood to fit the back of his Nova. His little brother and sister loved riding back there (I'm talkin' 25 years ago).
Here's my rear seat delete:

Quick Reply: back seat delete???anyone have pics