Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

where should i get my tunes from bamachips or breenspeed?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 07:23 PM
peter north
2nd Gear Member

Default where should i get my tunes from bamachips or breenspeed?

I finally decided to get a tune. I have an 06 gt and im going with 91race,91torque, and 87 performance are this good tunes i use my stang for daily driving i dont go to the track or any like that. Also what if later on i decide to add more mods like gears, headers,sway bars would i need to buy more tunes or can i use the same ones? Or should i wait unitl i finish all my engine mods? Thanks.
Old 12-21-2008, 07:31 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

I've heard great things about both places....the only thing I've heard that separates the two is that Bamachips is apparently better with Automatics..
Old 12-21-2008, 07:53 PM
graygt07
2nd Gear Member

i have only dealt with brenspeed but i am very happy with them. just give them a call and taalk with them then call bama and see who you feel more comfortable with.
Old 12-21-2008, 08:04 PM
Atlanta_Tider
2nd Gear Member

Go with Bama, obvious reason is he retunes for free when you add parts.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:22 PM
peter north
2nd Gear Member

Do you have pics of your supershaker? How much did it cost for the saleen sc and installed?
Originally Posted by graygt07
i have only dealt with brenspeed but i am very happy with them. just give them a call and taalk with them then call bama and see who you feel more comfortable with.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:27 PM
jahudso2
4th Gear Member

I have bama 93 race and brenspeed 87,91, and 93 octane tunes. I prefer brenspeed's tunes to the bama 93 race, but supposedly the torque tune is better than the race one from bama. bama will update your tune for any mods you add (excluding power adders). brenspeed will update your tune for free if you buy upgrades from them. however besides headers and delete plates, i dont see any other mods that would need an updated tune. you will be happy with either tuner.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:47 PM
ensign_lee
3rd Gear Member

I've had tunes from both and dealt with customer service from both.

Tunes are about the same; customer service from Brenspeed is WAAAAAY better.

I've been trying to get an update on my tune from Doug for some time now (about a month and a half). He'll easily lose track of your emails or ignore you if he doesn't think your request is important.

So don't let the "update your tune for free" thing from Doug sway you. 'Cause it's not worth it. I've been wanting to install my X-pipe for a bit now, but haven't heard back from him (and I'm pretty sure I need to update my tune to account for a new midpipe?)

Conversely, Brenspeed's customer service always got back to me about any question I ever had within an hour, usually within 15 minutes. Their tunes are great, and their quality superb. When I get my supercharger, I'll be shipping my baby to Brenspeed.
Old 12-21-2008, 10:04 PM
gman73
5th Gear Member

Having a Diablo, I have only dealt with Bamachips. I haven't had any issues with customer service.
Old 12-21-2008, 10:05 PM
gman73
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ensign_lee
I've had tunes from both and dealt with customer service from both.

Tunes are about the same; customer service from Brenspeed is WAAAAAY better.

I've been trying to get an update on my tune from Doug for some time now (about a month and a half). He'll easily lose track of your emails or ignore you if he doesn't think your request is important.

So don't let the "update your tune for free" thing from Doug sway you. 'Cause it's not worth it. I've been wanting to install my X-pipe for a bit now, but haven't heard back from him (and I'm pretty sure I need to update my tune to account for a new midpipe?)

Conversely, Brenspeed's customer service always got back to me about any question I ever had within an hour, usually within 15 minutes. Their tunes are great, and their quality superb. When I get my supercharger, I'll be shipping my baby to Brenspeed.
No need for a tune a new mid-pipe; however, if it's an o/r then you may need a tune.
Old 12-21-2008, 10:13 PM
Atlanta_Tider
2nd Gear Member

I have only dealt with Doug thru email, sometimes it takes him a few days to respond. But that being said he has been more than willing to work with me everytime I felt there was a problem with my tune, usually within a matter of days another tune is waiting in my email box.

Quick Reply: where should i get my tunes from bamachips or breenspeed?