Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Decrease the value?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 01:12 PM
LIVNBIG
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Decrease the value?

I agree with don_w.......and I LOVE my power sunroof....
Old 06-03-2005, 02:07 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

more details on the roof!, did it lower the headroom in the car alot? how much was it? how does it fit/look with the slope on the mustangs roof?
Old 06-03-2005, 02:23 PM
fin1
1st Gear Member

Plan to sell: light mods
Plan to keep: go to town
Old 06-03-2005, 03:34 PM
coladin

Nice rims are about the only thing that will not hurt value. I think the stripes may add to value as well. Everything else depends on the guy who wnats or sees your car. That is why I kept my stock springs and will keep all factory parts for those who would be a little scared buying a modded car.

Funny thing is, modded cars are usually kept in much better shape than those who don't do anything.
Old 06-03-2005, 04:31 PM
biged3
2nd Gear Member

Dealers don't look at all the mods you've done to it. All they do is look at mileage, and give you a NADA or Kelly Blue book value based on the condition. If you add a lot to it, the dealers don't care when you come time to trade it in. Like I stated previously, it could raise the resale value IF you find someone who it appeals to. But like others said on here, the more you do, the less people it will appeal to.
Old 06-03-2005, 05:20 PM
LIVNBIG
1st Gear Member

Stoenr...

There is NO loss of headroom at all...$850 was the total, it was designed specifically for the 05 Mustang, so it follows the lines pretty well, very acceptable imho! It's made by Hollandia. This is the spoiler model! Power switch is mounted between the 2 dome lights(really nice)...the whole set-up looks factory! I would and will do it again, my wife wants to trade her 2000 Mustang Gt for an 05...and she wants the sunroof too!
Old 06-03-2005, 07:39 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

What kind of warranty do they offer for it? motor wise, leak wise
Old 06-03-2005, 10:12 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LIVNBIG

Stoenr...

There is NO loss of headroom at all...$850 was the total, it was designed specifically for the 05 Mustang, so it follows the lines pretty well, very acceptable imho! It's made by Hollandia. This is the spoiler model! Power switch is mounted between the 2 dome lights(really nice)...the whole set-up looks factory! I would and will do it again, my wife wants to trade her 2000 Mustang Gt for an 05...and she wants the sunroof too!
no way.. you got that put in for 850!! tell me where I want one now!!!! I need names and numbers .. I hope they are in CA!!!.. sheet
Old 06-03-2005, 10:27 PM
Higgie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mustang7171

Every since I've heard my dad talk about cars he's always said after market stuff decreases value of cars. He is one of the old fashioned stock guys...Guess we all know one or two of those. I ordered the flowmasters esp. made for the 2005 mustang GT and thinking about getting the SLP loudmouths instead and just selling the flows....Long story short yet again he has managed to scare me and says that putting the flows on my 05 GT is going to decrease the value and they wont last long. anyone have any uplifting (or even negative) insight on this situation? also, loudmouths or flows??[&o][&o]
Just my 2 cents, but I have always felt that you mostly just narrow the buyer market when you mod. Find the right buyer, and you'll get a bit more than stock, since they were going to mod it that way any how. It is smart to keep original parts, and include them in the sale. Let the new owner sort it out.

On a related note, I don't believe any car "holds" its value well if you drive it. I heard that German imports hold value well, and have been considering a Porsche, or Benz purchase. We all hear how well these hold up in the market place. Well guess what, 2001 Porsche 911 Vert, sticker $83,000. Two owner, 34K miles, $47,000 used. 2002 Benz CLK55 AMG vert. sticker $77,000, two owner 25K miles, warranty for another year and 25K miles... $43K.... seems if you drive them, none are investment autos !! LOL

Maybe, some flatten out sooner than others, but they all drop the first few years if driven.
Old 06-03-2005, 11:03 PM
showam1
I ♥ Acer

But that only works if you invest much more money than you will EVER get out of it with that level of modification.

Quick Reply: Decrease the value?