Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mods

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 11:28 AM
jvecero3
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Branomano06GT
Doesn't even deserve a response since you obviously did not read the post all the way through. It was about any mods.... including exterior ones that anyone can do.... and please elaborate on the many mods we do just to give ourselves more problems oh wise one.........
Yet, here we are....
Old 12-28-2008, 11:39 AM
cougarfan088
2nd Gear Member

I do stuff to my car because I can never have enough speed. I hate having the same car as someone else. The main reason I mod my car is because Its waaay to much fun putting the parts on yourself...
Old 12-28-2008, 12:24 PM
svastano
4th Gear Member

I think most of us do the mods to "personalize" our ride. Not to be bigger and better but to make it different from the rest.
Old 12-28-2008, 12:28 PM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

I have modded my cars because I was not 100% happy with the way the car was available. One of my daily-drivers has run an engine where only the block, crank, and rods were from the OE mfr. For a couple others, you can add the head(s).

Mostly, it's been suspension and powertrain stuff, but not always in that order.

I have never run any car at any dragstrip. Not even once. But I have autocrossed three of my cars over the years.

If I have to pin down a reason why I modify my car it's because I am not completely happy with the compromises that the OE mfrs must make in order to sell the car to an wide enough range of customers to satisfy sales targets.

So far, I've been happy with all of the mods I've made - except for a couple of times where I let myself get rushed/pushed into something or didn't at the time have the capability to do something a better way.

My '08 GT is no longer completely stock. I've added a little more "sparkle" to the throttle response, which also made the double-clutch downshifts go much more smoothly. "Priceless", as the credit card advertisements go, applies for me in that respect. If I have to explain, . . .

Oh yeah, I'm 61. Been modding for, ummm, a little while.

Norm

Last edited by Norm Peterson; 12-28-2008 at 12:32 PM.
Old 12-28-2008, 12:35 PM
rford426
4th Gear Member

I havent had any problems and i think we need to nominate pascal as the mf peace maker lol
Old 12-28-2008, 12:38 PM
snicksrolos
3rd Gear Member

Add me to the "Happy Mod Crew"!

I mod because I can! It makes me laugh when people question modding...they're the coupon clipping, WalMart shopping, tightwads that want no excitement out of life!

Yes I want my Stang to go faster...because I want to! Not to be able to race it, but because I can!

Yes I want my Stang to look better...not to pick up chicks, but because I can!

Stay at home and enjoy driving your stock Mustang if you want to, I'll be hauling *** on my way to go skydiving!

Peace!
Old 12-28-2008, 12:39 PM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

LOL! This thread fails.
All my mods have left me with nothing but a huge smile on my face.
That's why I mod... even though I don't have any cash to mod right now.

I did, however just finish tinting my signals a few minutes ago... it only cost $9.66 so my wallet permits such modding.
Old 12-28-2008, 07:35 PM
thuxel
2nd Gear Member

To the OP how did you do the 14" antenna mod?
Maybe you could do a write up on it!
Funny how the OP disappeared.
Old 12-28-2008, 07:51 PM
Margarita Girl
Is the tide gonna reach my chair?

Originally Posted by JD57
I saw the thread wondering how people can not mod there cars.

Now I would like to ask, if you are not going to the track, why do anything to the
engine? The V8 has plenty of power for the street.

I see an awful lot of threads with problems with mods to the engine.

Just wonder why you guys like to cause yourself problems.
Define plenty.

The Mustang had a price tag Ford needed to stick with, and the build budget created a need for after market parts that are better than stock. If you are driving a car and feeling it is missing something, it is simple to fix. I have switched out my shifter, installed a CAI/tune, 4.10 gears and rims/tires. Makes me happy.
Old 12-28-2008, 08:05 PM
kpaulhus
4th Gear Member

Your question is similar to this one: Why dont you garage your car rather than drive it? Well everyone has their own opnion and preferences....so we mod because we want to, not because we need it.

Quick Reply: Mods