Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New V8 Available

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2005, 03:44 PM
GT Dan
1st Gear Member

Default RE: New V8 Available

ORIGINAL: NCMustangMan

I went in April to buy a GT and was told that I could order one and may or may not get one. My wife paid cash for a Black V6 as my 50th bithday gift. It now has 2,900 miles and I have already done a lot off mods to it. I am really enjoying driving it every day. My local dealer just called and said they have a Black GT that came in today that I can have if I still want it. Knowing I am going to get a bad trade in offer and if I wait to actually sell mine, they will sell the GT out from under me. I wanted your opinions on trading, or keeping the V6. I'm happy with the V6 but the inner-man in me is crying out for those 300 horses. I would appreciate opinions from other Mustang owners before I go and drive the V8 this evening. I fear it will be to late to make an objective decison if I actually test drive it later today. Thanks
I did it also, traded in my V6 right at 1000 miles and only lost about 1k. It was more than worth it. The way I look at it, in the long run, the GT will be worth more than my sixer would be. I loved my V6 but the GT is a whole different animal.
Old 06-04-2005, 04:28 PM
Shifty
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: aagvain

i did the exact same thing about a month ago. traded the v6 for the gt. i lost 2k on the trade but that was better than i was expecting. dont get me wrong, the 6 was a fun car but i'd do it all over again in a heartbeat.
2k for a v6 to v8? I wouldn't feel bad about that at all. Infact, think of the HP to dollar ratio.
Old 06-04-2005, 06:14 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Shifty

2k for a v6 to v8? I wouldn't feel bad about that at all. Infact, think of the HP to dollar ratio.
Uh... there is also the selling price diff, too. Still worth it, IMO.
Old 06-04-2005, 09:27 PM
NCMustangMan
2nd Gear Member

I test drove the GT. As I feared, it was a life altering experience. My V6 is an auto and the GT was of course a manual tranny. My 30 mile each way commute is stop and go and takes over an hour each way. The dealer offered me $21K for my car which I paid $26 for with the factory mods. The dealer wanted $32K (plus tax, title and other junk fees) for the GT Premium with 18" tires and wheels, rear louvers, drop kit and a few other mods. That left me owing $14K since I paid cash for my V6. I passed. They called today and said they would order me a 2005 GT Premium with $1,000 down and promise an 8-10 week delivery for $28K. They claim since Dale Jarrett Ford is one of the 50 largest dealer in the country they can get one if I order before June 15th. That would give me two months to try and sell mine outright. If worse comes to worse I could write a check for the new one. I have until Monday to decide. Any thoughts on if I have a real chance to actually get a 2005? I do realy love my modified V6 but now crave the 300 hourses. Thanks a lot for all the good advice.
Old 06-04-2005, 09:56 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

or just keep your v-6 and put a blower and 3.73s on it and that good stuff
Old 06-05-2005, 12:47 AM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Your wife must be pulling her hair out. You see my wife bought mine for my birthday and since then I'm obessed with it. I'm always reading the forum and thinking of new things to do to her. Not including the time I wash and polish the thing. Anyway give the v-6 to your wife and buy the V-8 for yourself. Either way you have the best looking mustang on this forum in my opinion. Good Luck
Old 06-05-2005, 02:26 PM
Bruno

I'll give you a different spin. I don't have the V8 but drove one and must agree, they're addictive. I don't know that I could bring myself to trade in a gift my wife bought for me though, even if it wasn't exactly what I wanted. For me the sentimental value would be pretty high, especially since you've had so much fun upgrading it. I know it's easy for me to say since I don't have a V8, but I'd pass if I were you and enjoy my wife's gift, she obviously loves you!
Old 06-05-2005, 09:53 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Whats the verdict NCMustangman? Damn I'm curious? If you can afford it then you need to get it. Tell your wife you love yours so much that you wanted an upscale version. Let us know o.k.?
Old 06-05-2005, 10:56 PM
NCMustangMan
2nd Gear Member

My salesman is off on Mondays so I have until Tuesday at 5pm to drop off the grand and place the order. My wife drove the V6 to a meeting tonight so that may help the cause. If I do decide order the GT then I need to decide on the Premium coupe ($28K) or the Premium Vert ($32K). I should be able to get $30K for my wife's S80 Volvo selling it outright and like my V6 its paid for. What to do, what to do. I'm leaning toward ordering the Torch Red GT Coupe, keeping the V6 and hoping the wife decides we don't really need a luxury sedan anymore. I will keep everyone informed.
Old 06-05-2005, 11:01 PM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

I would drive the car til the 06 start to arrive. enjoy your car then sell it out right or wait til an 07 and you won't be hit so hard .as I have herd the 05 is sold out as 61500 units have sold.......