Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Does your car leak? How? For S197 owners
My Mustang does not/never had any rain leaks.
71.03%
My Mustang has or had rain leaks but not like your pics
11.21%
YES! My Mustang has or had rain leaks LIKE your car
14.02%
My dealer (or someone) fixed a leak but NOT like yours
0.93%
YES! My dealer (or someone) fixed a leak like yours.
0.93%
My car is an '05
19.63%
My car is an '06
25.23%
My car is an '07
23.36%
My car is an '08
19.63%
My car is an '09
2.80%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Leak Poll, new improved, please everyone answer

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 10:04 AM
murry
1st Gear Member

Default Leak Poll, new improved, please everyone answer

Here is a pic of my leak. Ford FSE says, "they all do that". What happens is in the rain I get puddles on the threshold. The rain can't escape because the gasket on the door holds the water in. If the temp drops, you get ice, which freezes the gasket to the door jamb. See pic:

Since Ford refuses to fix my car because, "they all do that" I would like to know if this is true. So if everyone on this board would answer t his poll it would be helpful. Thank you in advance.

Second pic is ice.

(and now I will try to create a poll)

Last edited by murry; 01-01-2009 at 10:19 AM.
Old 01-01-2009, 10:26 AM
murry
1st Gear Member

Default Did you see the pics related to this poll?

Folks,
the pics are in the message underneath the poll. Scroll down to view pics then answer poll.
I guess that is just the way the board posts them.

I need all S197 owners to participate. Thank you for answering this is potentially very important.
Old 01-01-2009, 10:40 AM
samus720
2nd Gear Member

I've never had that much moisture in the door jamb. If I come out after a rain, or after a night where the moisture froze it's never been stuck. Sucks man.
Old 01-01-2009, 10:42 AM
One Bad Stang
4th Gear Member

i gotta say, i do think its normal. i know its a pain in the a$$, but i dont think there is a fix for it. i dont really get it as bad as you do, but it still happens. also, i notice a little water after driving in the rain, but i really notice it after a wash.

when you talked about it freezing, is it causing your door to freeze shut? i heard about people putting a very thin coat of lube like grease or wd-40 on their rubber seals and the water wont freeze to it, there-fore eliminating the frozen door problem.
Old 01-01-2009, 10:48 AM
murry
1st Gear Member

Default door sticking

Originally Posted by One Bad Stang
i gotta say, i do think its normal. i know its a pain in the a$$, but i dont think there is a fix for it. i dont really get it as bad as you do, but it still happens. also, i notice a little water after driving in the rain, but i really notice it after a wash.

when you talked about it freezing, is it causing your door to freeze shut? i heard about people putting a very thin coat of lube like grease or wd-40 on their rubber seals and the water wont freeze to it, there-fore eliminating the frozen door problem.
Yes the doors try to stick shut. If the car has been out in the rain, I try to go out after it stops to "let the water run out". I have been coating the rubber with silicone and I wax the sills and door bottoms to reduce the amount of sticking. It is a *huge* pain in the ***.
Old 01-01-2009, 10:51 AM
East87
4th Gear Member

Last time I washed my car (a week ago), I found drops of hose water inside my passenger window. I don't know if the pressure from the hose forced the water through the door/glass seal or what...

I never drive in the rain, but this was ominous enough. My car stays in the garage year-round.
Old 01-01-2009, 10:53 AM
murry
1st Gear Member

Default thanks

Originally Posted by samus720
I've never had that much moisture in the door jamb. If I come out after a rain, or after a night where the moisture froze it's never been stuck. Sucks man.
You should check, box: "not like mine"

The fact that there is variability between cars means it can be altered, diminished, or fixed. The fact that there is variability, leads me to believe that they are not "designed to drain there" as Ford claims.
Old 01-01-2009, 10:56 AM
murry
1st Gear Member

Default garage

Originally Posted by East87
Last time I washed my car (a week ago), I found drops of hose water inside my passenger window. I don't know if the pressure from the hose forced the water through the door/glass seal or what...

I never drive in the rain, but this was ominous enough. My car stays in the garage year-round.
ha ha. On one of my trips to the Dealer the service writer explained to me that this should not be a problem because I should be like most other people and "not drive my Mustang in rain or snow".
Old 01-01-2009, 11:02 AM
murry
1st Gear Member

Default Ford says:

Originally Posted by samus720
thanks. The Ford rep told the dealer board that the water on my sill was because when you open the door the window drops...and one or two drops may fall on the sill. (lying weasels)

Please check off the boxes in the poll. If I can show a large number of owners don't experience this...I can make them fix it.
Old 01-01-2009, 02:01 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

I haven't had any water issues with my 2005 (knock on wood)

Quick Reply: Leak Poll, new improved, please everyone answer