Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

People who think the auto is just as fast as the manual...

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2005, 08:31 PM
capin

Default RE: People who think the auto is just as fast as the manual...

ORIGINAL: Shifty

ORIGINAL: Tres Wright

==And don't even try to say I'm some pro driver.==

I know one thing you'll never get accused of, being modest
Maybe you should learn how to use the quote button.
Tres always quotes like that. Whats it to you? You understood what he was trying to say.

God, wtf crawled up your anus? Seesh...
Old 06-04-2005, 08:37 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: capin

Tres always quotes like that. Whats it to you? You understood what he was trying to say.

God, wtf crawled up your anus? Seesh...

The following says it all... [:@]

I'm a 17 year old kid
Old 06-04-2005, 09:37 PM
doc0075579
1st Gear Member

Wonder if he paid for the vehicle himself??? Wish I could have had a Mustang GT at 16-17, haha. More power to ya, kid.
Old 06-04-2005, 09:44 PM
Shifty
2nd Gear Member

Got the car as a present but I have to pay for gas, insurance, and any maintanance costs. I bought my first car and it turned into a money pit so my dad felt bad about that and he got me this.
Old 06-04-2005, 09:46 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

its a drivers race
Old 06-04-2005, 09:47 PM
NCMustangMan
2nd Gear Member

My "30-mile-each-way-traffic-from-hell-in-both-directions-daily-commute" makes me glad to have my auto tranny. If I ever even get to make the speed limit I am a happy camper. I guess I would have the biggest right forearm and left calf in Charlotte if I had the manual tranny! Geez that's a lot of shifts every day.
Old 06-04-2005, 10:47 PM
danalor
1st Gear Member

You can now shut up. I ran 13.2@104 with my manual. All I have done is exhaust and a tune. I saw a certain SOMONE who seems to think the auto is just as fast. He's running 4.10 gears, intake/exhaust, tune, and some other mods and he's only running 13.6 with his auto. Check and mate, stick>auto. And don't even try to say I'm some pro driver. I'm a 17 year old kid who is a rookie at the track.

Finally!!! Now I can get some sleep at night. This great debate has caused me more sleepless nights than "The Big Bang Theory"[sm=happy046.gif]

Thanks Shifty
Old 06-04-2005, 10:55 PM
greatgro

ORIGINAL: doc0075579
Try driving a stick in DC traffic, you will be wishing you had an auto for sure. HAHA
Just so you know, real stick drivers don't care. It's the people who CAN drive stick but don't love it that always say "I drive in too much traffic for a manual". Trust me, myself and I'm sure a lot of other manual lovers just plain love it. Driving in very heavy traffic with a stick is work, no doubt about it. But just one nice run through a cool road on the weekend makes up for commuting hell during the week.
Old 06-04-2005, 11:03 PM
Shifty
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mustangman02232

Quote from Motor Trend November 2004:
"What would the manual tras GT be good for? Estimates of automatic to stick shift conversion factors vary, but the autos close 1-2-3 gearing keeps the engine boiling, so the differance may not be as much as you might think. Its safe to say the self-shifting GT is a sub 5 second runner, likely in the 4.8 or 4.9 second range" MT 11/04 p.44

so either you are just a better driver or your 13.2 is BS. If you had the auto you would probably be around 13 flat maybe even 12.9.
If I should be running 13 flat or 12.9, why aren't all the auto people running those numbers? The fastest auto off the top of my head that I've seen is only in the mid 13's and he had new gears! I mean, all I have is exhaust and a tune... I'll post the slip if you don't believe my time. I really don't care what motortrend has to say, this time speaks for itself. Bring me somone who has an auto with similar mods running faster than me, and we will talk.
Old 06-04-2005, 11:38 PM
New2Ford
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: greatgro

ORIGINAL: doc0075579
Try driving a stick in DC traffic, you will be wishing you had an auto for sure. HAHA
Just so you know, real stick drivers don't care. It's the people who CAN drive stick but don't love it that always say "I drive in too much traffic for a manual". Trust me, myself and I'm sure a lot of other manual lovers just plain love it. Driving in very heavy traffic with a stick is work, no doubt about it. But just one nice run through a cool road on the weekend makes up for commuting hell during the week.
Couldnt have said it better myself![sm=exactly.gif]

Quick Reply: People who think the auto is just as fast as the manual...