Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEVER AGAIN!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 07:53 PM
UltraKla$$ic
3rd Gear Member

Angry NEVER AGAIN!!!!

Did a halo projector headlight mod on my daughters Stang and it was a freaking back breaking experience to say the least! My hands look like I stuck them in a blender I have so many little cuts/scrapes/gouges!!!

WTF?~!? Chinese RUBBISH!!!!

The destructions were utterly USELESS! and thank God for dremels.

Took all stinking day and didn't even have time to set the aim on them.

One plus is they do look good!

If you're thinking of doing this mod..............good luck. You're gonna need it. Gonna go soak my back, feet, and hands now!
Old 01-08-2009, 07:57 PM
So_Cali
5th Gear Member

Its surprising how many places you can get cut on by these cars LOL

Any pics?

I have a lovely scar on my wrist from tightening the brackets on my rear sway so I know your pain
Old 01-08-2009, 08:11 PM
Legion5
5th Gear Member

The've been known to the majority of users to burn out after 6 months of use.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:22 PM
UltraKla$$ic
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Legion5
The've been known to the majority of users to burn out after 6 months of use.
WHAT?!?!?

I'm gonna need a blood transfusion, skin grafts, and physical therapy and these don't last? Just great!

I'll take some pics tomorrow after work........................if I make it.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:27 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Lol, you guys are funny!!
Old 01-08-2009, 08:53 PM
One Bad Stang
4th Gear Member

i feel your pain... i'm a mechanic at mercedes, and let me tell you, you think mustangs are a pain to work on? try working on a benz. my least favorite car to work on is the SL600 and the SL65. both are twin turbo v12's stuffed into an engine bay that snuggly fits a v8!!! and its a convertable hard top that folds into a trunk smaller than a mustangs trunk. and everything is just overly complicated.

my dad is amazed at how quickly i can dissassemble the stang when i'm doing a mod (he usually likes to try and help). but i keep telling him that its like building lego's compared to working on a benz. i love the way stangs are put together, simple, strait foreward, and easy to get to stuff. (well, most things anyway)

i feel your pain.

Last edited by One Bad Stang; 01-08-2009 at 08:56 PM.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:49 AM
UltraKla$$ic
3rd Gear Member

........and so it begins..uggggh.

Upon closer inspection I have an accent light that is not working. WTF??? The daughter's crying, I'm pissed, her "baby" looks "uneven" to her. $H!T!!!!! I should of had BOYS!!! I told her the light was supposed to go out like that when you look at it, sorta like the car is winking at you. She ain't buying it! As soon as I can feel my hands again, I'm gonna have to tear back into it. Dat ain't good. I'm thinking SAWZALL!!!

P.S. I also put a CAI on it and she don't like the "whistle" it makes.......what gives???
Old 01-09-2009, 08:54 AM
One Bad Stang
4th Gear Member

well as far a women and modding cars, some of them love it, and some others (like my wife) dont really care about it, and they cant appreciate all the different things that go allong with certain mods.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:22 AM
bolivianpimp
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by UltraKla$$ic
........and so it begins..uggggh.

Upon closer inspection I have an accent light that is not working. WTF??? The daughter's crying, I'm pissed, her "baby" looks "uneven" to her. $H!T!!!!! I should of had BOYS!!! I told her the light was supposed to go out like that when you look at it, sorta like the car is winking at you. She ain't buying it! As soon as I can feel my hands again, I'm gonna have to tear back into it. Dat ain't good. I'm thinking SAWZALL!!!

P.S. I also put a CAI on it and she don't like the "whistle" it makes.......what gives???
Damn man you are an awesome dad for doing all that stuff for you daughter, more patience than i would have if she didn't like it.

Oh and i also have the halo projector headlights. How did you put them on did you take off the bumper, or loosen it up top along with the fender and pulled like crazy?
Old 01-09-2009, 09:48 AM
East87
4th Gear Member

Man, I feel lucky that the only mods I see for me in the future involve a $6000-$7000 addition to the engine...