Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Rims On!!! ? Should I bump from 295 to 305

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 01:59 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by CutterWolf

Thats what Im talking about. I think it makes the car look mean as hell. Should I do it?

B, thanx brother.
Old 01-23-2009, 02:00 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

This ain't easy...
I would use some yellow somewhere.

To me, an all black wheel is to plain, I like to see a separation with the tire.
Some kind of contrast...
Old 01-23-2009, 02:31 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

How about this Joe? (yellow inner ring)

Or this? (yellow lug nuts)

Old 01-23-2009, 02:33 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

i like the yellow ring one looks sweet
Old 01-23-2009, 02:49 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Here is the other shot you wanted Joe.

Old 01-23-2009, 02:50 PM
Branomano06GT
3rd Gear Member

My favorite version would be the full on deep black ones with yellow lugs. Looks really good and super original. I say go for it.. just say F it.. and go after work today what you can do is get the 2 front powdered first... then borrow mine until there done. And when they get my rears in you can do the same thing... the only thing then is I would have to get low profile tires on my wheels.. which is ok with me I will just make sure to lower the car for my next mod =) haha Or maybe you can use the tires you have on your's right now put them on mine until you get yours back from powdercoating then put my tires on..... sounds alot more complicated then I think it would actually be. Also I know your worried about making me wait longer for my wheels but I honestly am not worried about it 1 bit I will be fine as long as I know the process is moving forward only thing i don't know is if it will cost more to have them powder coated seperately or if you even want to do that idea.... would be funny as hell seeing you car with GT-5's in front and mine in back HAHA. Anyway let me know what you think... and remeber I dont mind if it takes 3-4 weeks. Its all good.

Last edited by Branomano06GT; 01-23-2009 at 03:45 PM.
Old 01-23-2009, 02:52 PM
Branomano06GT
3rd Gear Member

1 other thing... this is a totally random idea but have you thought about getting Clear Turn signals? I think it would make it look even cleaner then it already does.
Old 01-23-2009, 03:40 PM
ILikeBond
1st Gear Member

I may be in the minority, but I actually prefer the look of the wheel as-is. To me, its the same thing visually that happens with, for example, football players. Its been proven that we perceive ball players who wear white shoes as faster than those who wear black shoes. The dark, heavy color gives a weighed-down look. Standing still, I think the car looks faster with chrome kicks, than all black, which to me just looks kind of heavy and clunky, like weights that would hold down the car, rather than launch it.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:10 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ILikeBond
I may be in the minority, but I actually prefer the look of the wheel as-is. To me, its the same thing visually that happens with, for example, football players. Its been proven that we perceive ball players who wear white shoes as faster than those who wear black shoes. The dark, heavy color gives a weighed-down look. Standing still, I think the car looks faster with chrome kicks, than all black, which to me just looks kind of heavy and clunky, like weights that would hold down the car, rather than launch it.
Good to see you here bro. I never thought of it that way but as I was reading your post, I was picturing it that way and it made a whole lotta sense. I personally like them stock and cant tell you how much better they look in person than in pix, and they draw immense amount of looks. Its not done yet so I might just enjoy them like this for a while and when I start to get a bit tired, Ill switch over.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:54 PM
Branomano06GT
3rd Gear Member

Yeah man don't feel rushed into it they look GREAT as they are and its not like I wont let you borrow mine another time what we will do is whenever your ready Ill just toss you mine and borrow my stockers back from you until your powder coating is done wether its in 2 weeks or 6 months its all good. So don't feel rushed into just for that reason.

Quick Reply: New Rims On!!! ? Should I bump from 295 to 305