Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A good problem to have...

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 11:47 PM
Texotic
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by abarker8541
or that stright intake with the flat looking air filter. dont know if that one is any good just tryin to throw you some ideas.

That would be the WMS intake.

http://www.wmsracing.com/wmsweb/05hvi.htm

It's really nice, but pretty pricey, you're lookin at $310 for just the intake and another $110 for the ram air box.

I would go with the Techco 100mm

http://www.techcointl.com/100mm-Cold...02-b000564.htm

Pretty sure it's the best flowing CAI on the market right now.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:58 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Steeda w/ carbon fiber elbow. Looks killer and is 90mm.

I REALLY like this thing and have gotten a lot of complements on it.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:20 AM
Legion5
5th Gear Member

Cool

Originally Posted by EagleStroker
This will sound stupid, but I won't go straight for 2 reasons 1) cost (intake and new radiator cover) 2) I hate the look, and it looks to ls'ish

Right now I'm sitting in the 380's on a Mustang dyno, it will be going on a dynojet across town once I get this worked out to compare numbers! Judging by others, if I can hit 390 on the Mustang Dyno with this intake I'll be around 425+ on a dynojet. Thanks for the suggestions thought keep them coming guys!
What happened to the turbo setup you were talking about was coming along very soon, not this time?
Old 01-17-2009, 06:07 AM
loots06
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Texotic
That would be the WMS intake.

http://www.wmsracing.com/wmsweb/05hvi.htm

It's really nice, but pretty pricey, you're lookin at $310 for just the intake and another $110 for the ram air box.

I would go with the Techco 100mm

http://www.techcointl.com/100mm-Cold...02-b000564.htm

Pretty sure it's the best flowing CAI on the market right now.
This is not so common...ramp air sounds pretty sweet.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:58 AM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Legion5
What happened to the turbo setup you were talking about was coming along very soon, not this time?
It's going to have to go on the back burner for a while man. I still want to, but what I want and what I need are two completely different things. Damn priorities give me a year or two and we'll be back in business, car still has a lot to do to it before I'd be comfortable slapping a TT set up on it. Thanks for the input guys!
Old 01-17-2009, 09:58 AM
abarker8541
3rd Gear Member

i knew you wanted a turbo setup thats why i taunted you with that. Which intake are you going to go with man just incase anyone else runs into this problem
Old 01-17-2009, 10:38 AM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by abarker8541
i knew you wanted a turbo setup thats why i taunted you with that. Which intake are you going to go with man just incase anyone else runs into this problem
Tease! When I do, this will be the kit...

http://www.exileturbo.com/products/i...p?idProduct=51

I had been swayed to the s/c side, them Tombstang told me about this and it was over. Just need to get my $$$ together. I'd rather build up my suspension and what not before so that the TT is like the icing on the cake. At that point I want the car to be done, and I have a long time before I'll be there so until then I'll be driving her how she is

I'll let you know what I decide, sent a few options to my tuner for him to research, I will say this though. If I hadn't already bought one that Techco would be my first choice. That being said, I do feel you can have to much air on a mostly stock motor BUT this could be compensated for through a smaller filter. If it weren't for the price I would of already ordered one.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:46 AM
awakeinAZ
3rd Gear Member

I ran a Granatelli for two years, no oil on the filter and no issues. Just use the stock MAF with your tune. Huge flow numbers from what I recall.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:17 AM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by awakeinAZ
I ran a Granatelli for two years, no oil on the filter and no issues. Just use the stock MAF with your tune. Huge flow numbers from what I recall.
I've never heard of using anything but the stock MAF? And the no oil filters are the way to go, I bought one for my BBK and replace it every few thousand miles.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:45 AM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by EagleStroker
I've never heard of using anything but the stock MAF? And the no oil filters are the way to go, I bought one for my BBK and replace it every few thousand miles.
With the Granatelli you can run it without a tune but you have to use their MAF. If you want to get a tune you use the factory MAF.

Quick Reply: A good problem to have...