Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

** New to site**

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 11:09 PM
Midnight

Default ** New to site**

Hello everyone,

I'm thinking about getting a 05 Mustang GT.I just had a few questions from people who drive them

Alot of my friends sayif u have a sports car u need a stick shift,any truth to that? Is there that much a diffence or is it all the person.

Has anyone had any problems with there mustang when they got it? I heard some rumors when they first came out there was some problems.(Factory ones).

I was thinking about getting a supercharger for the GT if I desided to get it and wanted to know whats the best one to get(Does a supercharged void the warity,sp)

Sorry if these questions are stupid but atm i dont know that much about cars and trying to learn what I can.

Thanks...
Old 06-07-2005, 11:53 AM
broke88
1st Gear Member

Default RE: ** New to site**

First welcome to the site. Grab a hold of this months 5.0 Mustang Magazine. It's loaded with parts for the 2005 stang. Myself I'll wait till I get mine paid off before I bust it's cher.... oops... before I mod the exhaust and such.

Theres plenty of guys and gals that will help with the technical Q's in this forum or in related ones.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:03 PM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Midnight

Hello everyone,

I'm thinking about getting a 05 Mustang GT.I just had a few questions from people who drive them

Alot of my friends sayif u have a sports car u need a stick shift,any truth to that? Is there that much a diffence or is it all the person.

Has anyone had any problems with there mustang when they got it? I heard some rumors when they first came out there was some problems.(Factory ones).

I was thinking about getting a supercharger for the GT if I desided to get it and wanted to know whats the best one to get(Does a supercharged void the warity,sp)

Sorry if these questions are stupid but atm i dont know that much about cars and trying to learn what I can.

Thanks...

I have a automatic 05 everybody has a different opinion on which ones better if you go to the 05 forums and search through the archives you will get every opinion thats out there but what ever you do don't ask which is better been a hot topic over there .The new auto's are very good I did 13.91 in the quarter before I did any mods and it was my first time to track ever.

The problems that we were having with our stangs have already for the most part been fixed on newer production dates .

As far voiding your warranty go to 05 tech section and search archives that should answer your questions.

Good luck on finding a 05.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:49 PM
Midnight

Ok cool.

Thanks for the advice
Old 06-08-2005, 04:33 PM
xRockThePonyx
6th Gear Member

Welcome!

I'm gonna move this to the 05 forum to get you some more views... the guys there will be glad to help you out.
Old 06-08-2005, 04:46 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Midnight

Hello everyone,

Thanks...
Welcome to the number 1 Mustang forum on the Internet!!!

1. That all depends on the driver. If you enjoy an automatic over a stick, then go automatic. They are all fun to drive. To me, I like the stick because I have more fun driving it than an automatic. Alot people also buy automatics because they are stuck in traffic alot. Plus the automatic has a slightly different gear ratio I believe than the manual.

2. I bought mine on May 14th and the build is somewhere in the middle of April. So far, I have not had any of the problems that others had with the earlier builds.

3. Need to check with the dealer on this one. I don't plan on doing any mods on mine until maybe next year.

Good luck on your decision.
Old 06-08-2005, 06:16 PM
Eric @ DMS
1st Gear Member

Welcome to the site. If there's anything we can help you with or parts you are looking for, always feel free to contact me. I'm always happy to help.

Remember there's no such thing as a stupid question on these boards. We all had to start somewhere and reading and asking questions is a great way to learn. Now onto your questions.

1) That's purely subjective. Some like the manual more than the auto and vice versa. Off the dealer lot the manual will be a little faster than the auto due the gearing. However once the moddling starts, that almost because negligible (especially when throwing a torque converter onto an auto). If you go to the track often and race a lot, the auto is the preference of big time racers. There will be less wear and tear on your drivetrain and you'll get more consistent launches. I personally like manuals better (but that's me). We mod many of our cars as project cars and most are manuals (because I like them). But for the track car we'll be building..it'll definitely be an auto.
Problems will be a hit or miss. If there are any recall notices, then all mustangs of that year will get the fix for free.

There are a few superchargers out for the GT. The top ones are Paxton, Procharger, and Vortech. You'll be happy with any of them. For any mod to void the warranty, the dealer has to prove that mod caused whatver failure occurred. We carry all Superchargers and will be happy to set you up. By law they cannot just say, sorry your warranty is void because you have this mod. There must be proof. For example, say you added a CAI and your water pump goes out. The dealer cannot void your warranty due to your new mod (unless they can somehow defy the laws of engine mechanics and prove that the CAI happened to screw up the water pump).

Hope these answered your questions. If not, drop me an email and I'll be happy to help!
Old 06-08-2005, 06:27 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Eric @ DMS
The top ones are Paxton, Procharger, and Vortech. You'll be happy with any of them.

We carry all Superchargers and will be happy to set you up.
Does this include twin screw or just centrifugal?
Old 06-08-2005, 06:33 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Midnight - - - Welcome to the World Home for Mustang People .

I won't bore you with my typine, what I was going to say has already been said.

Enjoy it here!
Old 06-08-2005, 08:10 PM
Midnight

Well first off TY for moving my post to this forum

Also thanks everyone for there input on everything.

What are some of the best things to do to the GT to get it fast?

Also has anyone ever tryed

Has anyone tryed Nos on there mustang and how does it help/problems with it.