Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hurst w/ t-handle anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 04:18 AM
funtimesalways
3rd Gear Member

Default hurst w/ t-handle anyone?

was going to put the t-handle on my hurst, i searched the heck out of google and yahoo and didnt see any pics. does anyone have this setup? can i PLZ see a pic and if so, how do you like this setup, is it comfortable?
Old 01-22-2009, 04:31 AM
Toy4Bob
3rd Gear Member

I love mine. When I bought my car I loved the hurst ball that was on it, so when my son surprised me with the below T handle (very similar to the hurst T handle), I was concerned about how it would feel.

After just a couple days of tuning in the adjustment of the exact angle I liked, I won't ever change it..... especially since my high school son made it it has a special meaning.

Old 01-22-2009, 06:09 AM
partsbill
3rd Gear Member

I have the Hurst t-handle and the Hurst black ball that I switch back and forth.
Attached Thumbnails hurst w/ t-handle anyone?-p5200080.jpg   hurst w/ t-handle anyone?-002-6.jpg  
Old 01-22-2009, 08:08 AM
iROK24/7
2nd Gear Member

Absolutely LOVE my TEE! It feels so POSITIVE and ergonomic... not to mention the added leverage makes shifting smooth & EZ! You just feel POWERFUL with that baby in your hand!
Old 01-22-2009, 11:14 AM
nite
3rd Gear Member

can't go wrong with the t-handle. I was going to have it chromed, but now I kinda like the contrast, as it matches the brushed cs plaque between the chrome vent rings...

sorry, I was having a bad floor day.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:06 PM
RoushGT
1st Gear Member

I purchased the t-handle but did not care for it for two reasons. One is because when the air is cold, so is that handle. This may or may not concern you. The other thing that I did not like so much is that the handle is "rolled" forward, for lack of a better term. Notice how the hand grip is tilted down in the pictures rather than sitting flat? I think this is due to it being designed for the floor shifters where the stick comes up at an angle. Of course, these are only my personal observations and your expectations may be very different than mine, but I went back to the Hurst ball. It does look pretty cool, though.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:22 PM
funtimesalways
3rd Gear Member

thanks for the pics guys! i really appreciate it. dosent look like a bad $22 investment at all
Old 01-22-2009, 08:55 PM
07musclemustang
4th Gear Member

ok i agree i had the tee and ditched it and the hurst but anyways
the handle is tilted down and it just feels wrong. you can see that its not level in the pic before. It is designed for a floor mounted shifter again as described prior.
Also the hurst shifter is pot metal that has been coated. I got the chrome and well that lasted about 2 weeks until the covering faded from the wear and tear.
Personally i like the one toy 4 bobs kid made way better then the hurst.
would i consider another tee.. yes but from hurst.. HELL NO!
Old 01-23-2009, 05:23 AM
Toy4Bob
3rd Gear Member

Yea, the kid didn't put near the downward tilt that the Hurst has. It doesn't show in the pictures, but the front has shallow finger indentations. Overall, the thing feels pretty darn good, and I have never considered putting the white Hurst ball back on... it is on a pen in my penholder on my desk, makes for a fun conversation piece LOL.

As stated by someone above, being aluminum it does get cold, but warms up pretty quick, plus I store winters show don't have that problem much.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:16 AM
RoushGT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Toy4Bob
Yea, the kid didn't put near the downward tilt that the Hurst has. It doesn't show in the pictures, but the front has shallow finger indentations. Overall, the thing feels pretty darn good, and I have never considered putting the white Hurst ball back on... it is on a pen in my penholder on my desk, makes for a fun conversation piece LOL.

As stated by someone above, being aluminum it does get cold, but warms up pretty quick, plus I store winters show don't have that problem much.
Hey, I bet your kid could make a few bucks on this forum just making custom tee handles. I would be interested one like yours, especially if he could engrave anything you wanted on the top.

Quick Reply: hurst w/ t-handle anyone?