Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My turn has come. Got her hurt in an accident. Need some opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 04:36 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

Default My turn has come. Got her hurt in an accident. Need some opinions?

Update 2/7/08

Dropped my car off on Jan 26th and got her car back today. Was ready yesterday but didn't have time to get it. Total cost for parts and labor was ~$2300 plus another $400 in extra fees (appriaser? maybe).

It came back stripeless (i took off the side stripes before I gave it to them, left hood stripes on). I may or may not be putting the new hood stripes, not sure yet. They'll reimburse me for them (they would have put the new ones on themselves, but they couldn't find where to buy them).

The shop that did the work is Norcross Collision Center. They did a good job. Only thing I don't like is they put on an aftermarket side view mirror and the damn thing rattles & and shakes when you close the passenger door. Very annoying. I'm going to take it apart and see if anything is loose.

They blended the paint on the hood (reason my hood stripes are gone). Looks good. Rear quarter looks perfect.

Overall I'm pleased and happy to have the car back.

Trying to get an idea as to what kind of repairs will be done and how long it will take.

Fender is a good fit, same gap between the it and the hood as when I dropped it off (larger than normal gap because I have the hood stops raised high up front).

Good news is I had at least 3 or 4 scratches/dings that got repaired so that was almost worth the $250 deductible.

My insurance is progressive and I'm using their Concierge service. I'm dropping the car off on Monday (earliest time I had available) but wanted to get an idea early on as to how long this will take and what all they'll need to do.

Accident happened at 10-15mph. Tried to make a square peg go through a round hole. Panicked and didn't stop so that's why the rear quarter is f'd up. Anyway, here's the pics for your view pleasure and opinions.

Last edited by Bmr4life; 02-07-2009 at 06:30 PM.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:41 PM
xxDerek
3rd Gear Member

Ouch man, it looks like they will have to AT LEAST fix and repaint the entire side of the car, not gonna be cheap.... Hope you have good insurance Sorry to see that happen man!
Old 01-23-2009, 04:51 PM
Red Beast
4th Gear Member

oooh... sorry about that dude, i threw my S197 into a curb this month only going 20 and broke the axle, there was no damage to the body, just for them to fix my axle and suspension it took 3 weeks! im sorry to say that ur not gunna have ur mustang for at least 2 weeks probably, to fix all those dents and repaint that is gunna take a wee bit, and losing that mirror is like insult to injury, im really sorry to see that man, instead of fixing the front fender they might just have to get you a new one. on the bright side, your rims didnt take any damage. give us some updates when you get it to the shop.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:02 PM
cobra443
4th Gear Member

Sorry to see that... Defiently wont be cheap..
Old 01-23-2009, 05:05 PM
degeze
5th Gear Member

Triple Ouch....
My guess would be that they will just try to repair the rear quarter and door since it is not that bad. While replacing the front quarter and mirror because I doubt they will be able get that crease perfect. Probably paint & clear that entire side of the car. I think it will be probably 1 week, depending on work load and availability of parts needed. Not sure on the cost, fyi repairs on my car where around $1800.

Good luck with the repairs man, I see you too have joined the club .

Also, Pascal would be a good person to talk to.

Last edited by degeze; 01-23-2009 at 05:10 PM.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:12 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

Thanks for replies everyone. My deductible is $250 so that's not that bad, but I'm sure the insurance will go up so that sucks.

I'm hoping I get her back in 2 weeks, but we'll see.

On the bright side, I had a deep scratch on the front fender so at least that will be gone when she's done.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:30 PM
ABQstang89
3rd Gear Member

I had something like this happen to me awhile back. They actually made good time on my car and i had it back in about two weeks. But i think they are going to replace the front and rear quarter panels. I think they can work with the door. The worst part is if they have to order those parts like they did for my xtreme. Sorry to see that man. Best of luck to you in your repairs.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:32 PM
8178A
3rd Gear Member

It can be fixed but it will NEVER, NEVER be as before, especially a silver car. That said, I’m assuming you are a typical Mustang owner that is somewhat fussy about your car. Your best bet is to get fixed at the Ford dealer where you bought it and the second it is done drive directly to the sales office and trade it in for a new one. If they complain about it being wrecked and try to mess with you on the trade in, remind them that their very best body guys fixed it and it is like brand new. Be sure to get diminished value check from the insurance company. Should be about $1000 to $2000 for that kind of major damage.

Last edited by 8178A; 01-23-2009 at 08:28 PM.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:37 PM
rdsx18
4th Gear Member

Ouch that sucks, but what exactly did you do anyways?
Old 01-23-2009, 05:39 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

ughhhh.... i feel for you man. All I can say if anything ever happens to this car I'm building another one EXACTLY like it!

Leaving work today... I have this 6th sense when people are getting crazy around me and drive REALLY defensively all the time. I'm so scared something will happen to this money pit of mine lol.

I think that can be repaired. I'm just worried about something happening that damages my sub-frame etc and that damage doesn't look that bad.

Maybe Pascal, the bodyman guru will chime in...

Last edited by Rubrignitz; 01-23-2009 at 05:41 PM.

Quick Reply: My turn has come. Got her hurt in an accident. Need some opinions?