Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 10-23-2015, 02:30 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Ford Mustang Powertrain Guides
Print Wikipost

Car seems to be losing power..no code thrown

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 06:41 PM
owero01
5th Gear Member

What gas are you using? You may need to throw some Lucas treatment in the gas tank and clean the throttle body. Also, make sure everything in the intake is tight. You radio buttons will stay the same.

One other thing it could be and we all suffer from it. You have gotten use to the car and you want more power. It's called MOD disease.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:55 AM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by SCCAGT
No one has yet to respond about the gas pedal delay.

If you start pushing on the gas pedal and nothing happens for just a little bit, then everything is fine and dandy, you have to deal with the gas pedal mod. Not sure there is a sticky about it, but you can search for "throttle pedal" and find a very detailed how-to in correcting this. link:
https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...-must-see.html

Nothing that was done at the dealer would cause this.
I am going to take a look at doing this tomorrow. Thanks for this link and write-up!!
Old 01-25-2009, 11:01 AM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by mlcrycc
I know you said Ford cleaned the entire intake....did they clean the throttle body blades?

1. Clean the throttle body

2. Go back to the stock COP's.

Try it....
I talked to Scott my Service advisor at the local Ford shop yesterday and he says they do in fact clean those throttle plates.

Today I am going back to the stock COPs to see if any change is noted in performance. If that doesn't fix anything then tomorrow I am doing the gas pedal mod noted above.

If those things don't fix anything I am off to Ernie Haire Ford on the other side of Tampa to see what he can do for me. My local Ford doesn't seem to be much help except for oil changes and minor stuff.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:04 AM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by owero01
What gas are you using? You may need to throw some Lucas treatment in the gas tank and clean the throttle body. Also, make sure everything in the intake is tight. You radio buttons will stay the same.

One other thing it could be and we all suffer from it. You have gotten use to the car and you want more power. It's called MOD disease.
I already went through the whole intake set-up and everything is tight. Like I noted, this just started happening.

Since I have the AVIC-D3 and not the Shaker1000 I believe the last time I disconnected the battery i lost all my info...
Old 01-25-2009, 11:24 AM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by wilkinda
I am going to take a look at doing this tomorrow. Thanks for this link and write-up!!
Just be careful!! Also, this issue with the gas pedal would not cause a sudden degradation in power. It is throttle lag that has always been there.....

If the throttle pedal seems sluggish, do the "turn the key on, do not start it, depress pedal slowly to the floor, let it back off slowly...turn the key off...then start and drive...." trick.....

It works on mine....
Old 01-25-2009, 02:11 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Just be careful!! Also, this issue with the gas pedal would not cause a sudden degradation in power. It is throttle lag that has always been there.....

If the throttle pedal seems sluggish, do the "turn the key on, do not start it, depress pedal slowly to the floor, let it back off slowly...turn the key off...then start and drive...." trick.....

It works on mine....
The reason i was gonna do the pedal mod tomorrow is I don't think that is my issue. The car power has always been fine up until recently.

I will try your little trick now and see what happens.... I'll let ya know. Thanks!!
Old 01-25-2009, 03:39 PM
VistaGT
4th Gear Member

The throttle trick is for cars with custom tunes too? and it doesnt mess with the tune or anything? thanks!
Old 01-25-2009, 04:54 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by VistaGT
The throttle trick is for cars with custom tunes too? and it doesnt mess with the tune or anything? thanks!
Yep. Some say it works, some say it doesn't. It does for me.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:03 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Yep. Some say it works, some say it doesn't. It does for me.
That little trick worked perfect for me!!! Car is running strong again.... amazing!
Old 01-26-2009, 10:22 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by wilkinda
That little trick worked perfect for me!!! Car is running strong again.... amazing!

Grats.....glad you got it worked out.....

Mike

Quick Reply: Car seems to be losing power..no code thrown