Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JLT + Brenspeed = Awesome

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 09:28 PM
S197steve
4th Gear Member

Thanks... and yes, it certainly is about time! I was too cheap to spend the money, so my wife did for my birthday. :-)

I'm torn on my next mod though... I really want the Pro5.0 shifter, but my stock shifter is fine. I can get 3.73s installed or get the NSR cams (install myself) for about the same price as the gears installed.

Decisions decisions... I'm just hoping my company's stock goes up another 5% and I'm cashing out and treating myself to one of those!! :-)
Old 01-24-2009, 09:30 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Steve O Chap
Thanks... and yes, it certainly is about time! I was too cheap to spend the money, so my wife did for my birthday. :-)

I'm torn on my next mod though... I really want the Pro5.0 shifter, but my stock shifter is fine. I can get 3.73s installed or get the NSR cams (install myself) for about the same price as the gears installed.

Decisions decisions... I'm just hoping my company's stock goes up another 5% and I'm cashing out and treating myself to one of those!! :-)
First of all....thank GOD for good women....

Secondly.....I suggest the 3.73 gears next...that's the progression I took and felt it quite nicely~!!!
Old 01-24-2009, 09:52 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Go with the Pro5.0 3.90 gears. Those are what I should have gone with over the stock 3.55's. Quality product and the only 3.90's you'll find for the 8.8.

Cams are recurring cost.. get retuned everytime you need an inspection, idle quirkiness, retune etc. and dyno tunes ain't cheap.

I only went to cams because every other NA power addtion had been added... When this C&L intake hits the market I'll probably add that and upgraded TB for another ~25whp. I'll be happy with 360-370whp NA in my DD .
Old 01-28-2009, 04:54 PM
S197steve
4th Gear Member

Well I uploaded the 93 tune and holy cow, it's way better than the 89... and the 89 was a huge improvement over the stock tune!!

The throttle response is awesome, there are noticeable gains throughout the rev range and I no longer have to shift into 4th to make a 'quick' pass on the highway... :-)

I did run into a small issue though, after uploading the 93 tune I started her up and got the dreaded CEL. Turns out it was O2 sensors... I cleared them, started it back up and drove around for a few minutes in my neighborhood. All was fine... so I took it out on the highway and drove around for about 20 miles or so and didn't throw any codes. So I think I'm in the clear... anyone have any experiences like this?
Old 01-28-2009, 05:07 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

I don't think you'll be bothered with the CEL again. You're running a good deal leaner now w/the 93 tune and it probably took the O2's some getting used to.
Old 01-28-2009, 05:25 PM
bolivianpimp
4th Gear Member

Steve congrats on the tuner/CAI. That is by far the best HP/$ mod ever lol. If your thinking about your next mod, why not get an off-road pipe? They are only $150 new and i read somewhere you get anywhere between 7-10 hp i think? I got an off road H on mine and it sounds GREAT. And as you know, the 4.10's are in my house! just have to find someone cheap to put them on.
Old 01-28-2009, 05:34 PM
ckone0814
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Steve O Chap
Well I uploaded the 93 tune and holy cow, it's way better than the 89... and the 89 was a huge improvement over the stock tune!!

The throttle response is awesome, there are noticeable gains throughout the rev range and I no longer have to shift into 4th to make a 'quick' pass on the highway... :-)

I did run into a small issue though, after uploading the 93 tune I started her up and got the dreaded CEL. Turns out it was O2 sensors... I cleared them, started it back up and drove around for a few minutes in my neighborhood. All was fine... so I took it out on the highway and drove around for about 20 miles or so and didn't throw any codes. So I think I'm in the clear... anyone have any experiences like this?
i have the same set-up and some dumb questions...

i've been running the 87 tune but want to try 93 this spring. do you run the gas tank down, go to the gas station with the tuner, gas up and load the tune there?

what do you mean by clearing o2 sensors?

thanks!
Old 01-28-2009, 05:52 PM
my77stang
6th Gear Member

you want a tune that pulls like a motherf*cker? let bamachips hook you up with a 93 torque tune, you'll jizz in your pants
Old 01-28-2009, 05:54 PM
Ant2537
1st Gear Member

Congrats!
Old 01-28-2009, 06:42 PM
S197steve
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bolivianpimp
Steve congrats on the tuner/CAI. That is by far the best HP/$ mod ever lol. If your thinking about your next mod, why not get an off-road pipe? They are only $150 new and i read somewhere you get anywhere between 7-10 hp i think? I got an off road H on mine and it sounds GREAT. And as you know, the 4.10's are in my house! just have to find someone cheap to put them on.
Yeah, I was definitely impressed with how much improvement it was over stock... total night and day.

As far as next mods, I'm strongly considering getting NSR cams... but 3.73s are also a definite maybe.

I don't want an o/r h or x just because of emissions... we need to pass them in Woodlands. Do you 'have a guy' that will hook you up with a sticker or something?

Also, I'm gonna try to get a pass on Friday night to head up to Conn's with my buddies. One has an 05 w/Paxton Novi and the other has an 07 w/Hellion turbo... if so I'll shoot you a PM so we can try to meet up.

Quick Reply: JLT + Brenspeed = Awesome