Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sound System

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 08:06 PM
07musclemustang
4th Gear Member

not really i would go with a square box. rectangular is ok but square is better.
pointing towards eachother.. sure why not it looks better i guess but i dont think it does much for sound. you want a clean sound filed.
If you want to do it right you oughtta dynamatt the entire trunk..
Old 02-08-2009, 08:14 PM
ABQstang89
3rd Gear Member

O yeah where can i get that? Thats what i line the inside of my box with right. And where should i get all the connecting wires and stuff for the sub to amp and amp to head unit?
Old 02-08-2009, 08:52 PM
07musclemustang
4th Gear Member

no dynamatt is for the inside of the trunk, car, doors, everything unxesposed..
here
https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...6k-beware.html
If this is your first install (seems that way) you may want to do a bunch of reading and talking to stereo guys... everywere best buy, future shop, stereo shop, ect ect ect.
There is alot more to it then just asking a few ?s on a stang forum to make a kick *** system.
not trying to be rude just trying to make you aware of how difficult it can be.
Old 02-08-2009, 09:03 PM
Shadow7874
4th Gear Member

while im sure there are some people who know what there talking about here, i would recommend checking out caraudio.com
What rms/peak do your subs run at? And whats the amp put out rms/peak?
I would consider fiberglassing the bottom where your spare tire used to be. You can find some sites with how to's on fiberglassing boxes. Then again, if your trunk is never open and you could care less how it look, a MDF cube would work just as well.

Again, check out caraudio.com you will find anything you ever need to know there if you ask.
Old 02-08-2009, 09:08 PM
kf_chris

for the head and the speaker replacement it's pretty easy and straight forward.
I had 4 systems I installed and built 3 sub boxes...then went to a shop and had a system installed in a tacoma some years ago. you really should think about and shop around for a box to be built for your car and your sub(s) at install shops that are knowledgable about the setup you're running and the type of music you're into. The box may run you upwards of 2 bills but it's worth it. I had 1 12 hit hard and tightly .
Long story short, just go into a shop and see what they have to offer. It's probably going to be worth it in the long run if you decide to go that route.
oh, and the infiniti top of the line speakers are fantastic. I put them in my jeep and it sounds better than the 4 previous of what I would call "good" speakers.
Old 02-08-2009, 09:17 PM
ABQstang89
3rd Gear Member

My amp is 600W at 4ohms while my two subs are 300W rms at 4 ohms. Dual voice coil. I tried to make sure all my stuff would fit well together. Correct me if i'm wrong but I should be able to run the dual voice coils in each sube in sequence and then run both of the subs in parallel and be at 4 ohms to the amp and get 300W to each one. The thing i'm really struggling with is the box.
Old 02-08-2009, 09:50 PM
Shadow7874
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ABQstang89
My amp is 600W at 4ohms while my two subs are 300W rms at 4 ohms. Dual voice coil. I tried to make sure all my stuff would fit well together. Correct me if i'm wrong but I should be able to run the dual voice coils in each sube in sequence and then run both of the subs in parallel and be at 4 ohms to the amp and get 300W to each one. The thing i'm really struggling with is the box.
Do you want something for show or functionality? For 300 watts you wont need a super strong box so fiberglass would work just fine.
A sealed box wont be as loud as a ported box, but a ported box needs to be tuned just right which gets a bit more complicated.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:01 PM
ABQstang89
3rd Gear Member

Yeah i know 300 is kinda small but gott stay in the budget. Thats why I was leaning toward a ported box to try and get a little more out of what I could afford. But alas. I don't know how to build one haha.
Old 03-13-2009, 05:16 PM
tdbrown75
2nd Gear Member

Here is mine:

PM me if you want more pics/dimensions.

Tim
Old 03-13-2009, 09:47 PM
doode
3rd Gear Member

^^^ that set up

can u get to the spare tire ?

Quick Reply: Sound System