Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tax refund : ), now what?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 01:35 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

Save your money or add to it and get the intake/tuner combo. But, if you absolutely have to spend your tax return now, I'd suggest getting the shifter. Sequential tail lights are cool and all, but in the end you'll never see them in action.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:40 PM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by eslhockey92g
i only have JBA A/B's. I don't have enough for a tunner and an intake. So i was just gonna get the intake now and the tunner down the road. But i donno if i should just wait till i can get both at the same time, so i donno. I don't mind the stock shifter but it seems once people swap for a short shifter, the car felt much better.
Hunt EBAY!! Seriously. I picked up a JLT and XCal 2 combo for under $250 shipped. I know that a member here sold the same combo on Ebay for about the same price about a week earlier. Hunt the auctions for a couple weeks and chances are you will find the same deal.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:43 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

cai tune, mgw shifter i love it tint is very nice too and the seg are awsome so you can go wrong here man close your eyes and pick one lol or two
Old 02-02-2009, 01:43 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BleedinBlue
Hunt EBAY!! Seriously. I picked up a JLT and XCal 2 combo for under $250 shipped. I know that a member here sold the same combo on Ebay for about the same price about a week earlier. Hunt the auctions for a couple weeks and chances are you will find the same deal.
+1

Keep an eye out in the classified sections as well.

I bought my C&L Racer for $110 off eBay, and my Diablosport Predator (which I may be selling soon) for $190 shipped through the classified section here.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:08 PM
eslhockey92g
2nd Gear Member

theres a C&L with sct on ebay now, im waiting for a resposne to make sure it comes with everything and is unlocked for 375, if all inclueded, is that a good price on used stuff? The one thats in this classifieds is just out of my reach. I always keep an eye on ebay, but i look harder.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:11 PM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by eslhockey92g
theres a C&L with sct on ebay now, im waiting for a resposne to make sure it comes with everything and is unlocked for 375, if all inclueded, is that a good price on used stuff? The one thats in this classifieds is just out of my reach. I always keep an eye on ebay, but i look harder.
$375 is still a very good deal.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:40 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

Theres a CAI in the for sale section right now for a really good price.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:36 PM
Ant2537
1st Gear Member

CAI and Tune... Will pep your stang right up
Old 02-02-2009, 10:57 PM
eslhockey92g
2nd Gear Member

I think i may pick up the MGW, i love the look of the hurst, so i think im going to make it a project.

If i go with a shifter, im going to get the MGW. Off of ebay or jegs im going to get a chrome shifter arm, just like or the exact one off the hurst. Im thinking than im going to hit the shift arm section of the MGW with a hand grinder. Im going to enlarge the compression gap in the metal block to allow the hurst arm to slide in the gap, drill new holes in the new arm and bolt it in or weld if needed. Im thinking that this will work just how im hoping. Ill have the great shifting, non ratteling of the MGW. Along with the chrome arm classic look that most people like. And if it doesn't work, i would not have damage where the round shifter arm is, so i could still use that.

The only thing i see giving me a problem will be that the Hurst kits come with a little peice of rubber to hold the shift boot in place. I need to figure out something for that. I may see about cutting the bottom of the stock **** and making that work.

The other problem i may run in to is that the boot may hit the front of the MGW shifter and not have the smooth drop in the boot, but thats just minor detail. I guess the older mustangs all have that look.

What do you guys think about that?
Old 02-03-2009, 02:41 AM
07musclemustang
4th Gear Member

when i had my hurst i never used the rubber piece, i just folded the boot under itself to espose more of the arm without the bulk of the boot. I then sold the hurst and now have the pro 5.0
Im not picking a fight but the hurst is nothing more then a shortend stock shifter. Its ok but not best. The mgw is a true shifter with great movement and adjustability.
Pro 5.0 is a YOUR ALWAYS GONNA HIT THE NEXT GEAR shifter that has 4 different positions for the shifter arm. definatly not as much adjustability as the mgw but 4 more then the hurst. also the mgw is the quietest of the 3 but my pro 5.0 is just as quiet now. dynamat and insulation pad work wonders... thats why mgw uses it in there kit.
anyways i like the idea of the mgw/hurst combo but your not gonna be able to adjust the arm as much as the mgw arm if you want the chrome arm to be straight. Just wanted to kick a hole in your idea.. yes it will work.. but i would put the hurst arm on the pro 5.0 as it is the same connection style and no real modifications would be needed other then locktighting the bolts with blue.

Quick Reply: Tax refund : ), now what?