Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beverly Hills/Sunset/PCH Cruise 2/28 --- MYGT500 approved

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 12:46 PM
danbevsv6rumbler
3rd Gear Member

fun fun times!

i'll try to upload some of my stuff later today

thanks again everyone!!!
Old 03-01-2009, 12:57 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

great pictures! looks like it was a beautiful day to be outside on a cruise
Old 03-01-2009, 01:02 PM
MikeEMT609

Originally Posted by Orion_240
Yes, the problem with this many cars and all the other traffic is that it is almost impossible to keep 120+ Mustangs together.
At the same time, I don't like those cruises where they have to keep pulling over and wasting 1/2 an hour or more while we're trying to get somewhere.

It occurred to me as everyone was leaving Rancho Park that we need to probably get into smaller groups of about 5-10 cars.
Even with people pulling to the side of Motor, they had to take off because there just wasn't any way to get that many cars through a light at a time.
I personally think that we should try a freeway cruise and stay away from all the stop lights!
We also should get on the road earlier, unless the cruise is on a Sunday. I take it there were lots of non-Mustangs in the Beverly Hills part?

But we really lucked out with the spot at Nicholas Canyon!
And the weather too! I got a little burned today!

Next time be sure to bring your boards! I caught several really good tubes today after most people left!

Thanks to all who turned out and kept the noise levels (and burning rubber)down!
It IS possible to keep a large number of cars together in an event like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqrvc6QKv1U

I can understand the problems in keep cars together when you take into consideration traffic lights and traffic in the area...especially on the route we took yesterday.
I can also understand how people may feel about having to stop for 30 minutes to let everyone catch up (when you may be in a large group of cars at the head of the line), but think about everyone else that came out for a day of fun cruising with lots of Mustangs and gets seperated from the pack by traffic and traffic lights...they would like to catch up with the group.

In the last couple of cruises the planners had 'leaders' pull over a few times to let people catch up and I don't remember anyone complaining about the break in the drive.

In the case of yesterday's cruise, I can understand not being able to stop as there was not enough room for a large number of cars to stop for a few minutes to wait for others to catch up. Perhaps in future events the planners can take this into consideration when planning the route of the cruise, and test the route for things like places to stop along the way and a route that makes it easier to keep the group together and still have a nice drive.
Old 03-01-2009, 03:36 PM
32VALVR

Had a great time yesterday. I thought the spot on PCH was excellent.
Looking forward to the next cruise.
Old 03-01-2009, 03:55 PM
427r

Originally Posted by MikeEMT609
It IS possible to keep a large number of cars together in an event like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqrvc6QKv1U

I can understand the problems in keep cars together when you take into consideration traffic lights and traffic in the area...especially on the route we took yesterday.
I can also understand how people may feel about having to stop for 30 minutes to let everyone catch up (when you may be in a large group of cars at the head of the line), but think about everyone else that came out for a day of fun cruising with lots of Mustangs and gets seperated from the pack by traffic and traffic lights...they would like to catch up with the group.

In the last couple of cruises the planners had 'leaders' pull over a few times to let people catch up and I don't remember anyone complaining about the break in the drive.

In the case of yesterday's cruise, I can understand not being able to stop as there was not enough room for a large number of cars to stop for a few minutes to wait for others to catch up. Perhaps in future events the planners can take this into consideration when planning the route of the cruise, and test the route for things like places to stop along the way and a route that makes it easier to keep the group together and still have a nice drive.
I had a great time as well yesterday too. But like a few of said, I cruised PCH pretty much by myself the whole way. I couldnt believe I was seperated from te pack the whole time, if there even was a pack to say. I was in the middle, so I feel everyones frustration of being no where near anyone else.

Rodeo was a blast though. The looks on the shop owners faces was priceless
Old 03-01-2009, 04:03 PM
68ss350
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by baginoman
That was alot of fun guys, great seeing everyone!! Some really nice mustangs!
you're car= better than sex
Old 03-01-2009, 04:44 PM
kenthicken
4th Gear Member

Great cruise, Joe. My nephew and I had a great time, and the weather was perfect!

I got separated several times from the group, but no big. A pod of Mustangs was either in front of or behind me within a mile or so.

And, who else got stuck behind that 90 year old lady erratically driving that silver Honda Accord on PCH? She was taking up two lanes half the time! Had to nearly go over on the shoulder to pass her, LOL!!
Old 03-01-2009, 05:10 PM
PBM4EVR

Check out this short video of yesterdays cruise!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7ju93GKiKI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fwVSBcDsFs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Vg8D4boTDg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Xrl5ezgnsg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHcCjEmaFwU

Last edited by PBM4EVR; 03-02-2009 at 09:16 AM.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:23 PM
rad_rob
3rd Gear Member

Had a great time on this cruise guys. Unfortunately with how many cars there were, it was incredibly hard to keep the pack together, but I would definitely agree on stopping at a spot or 2 to allow people to catch up. When we took off out of the park, the first group sped off and left everyone else behind, which is what started everyone else getting seperated. haha. Not complaining though, I still enjoyed taking my car out on her first cruise since getting it back. Cant wait til next time!
Old 03-01-2009, 07:18 PM
Daniel13
2nd Gear Member

had alot of fun!
by the way. if anyone heard my exhaust, im selling it WITH an x pipe! 500 dollars! pm me

Quick Reply: Beverly Hills/Sunset/PCH Cruise 2/28 --- MYGT500 approved