Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paxton Novi upgrade opportunity?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 09:36 AM
bolivianpimp
4th Gear Member

Default Paxton Novi upgrade opportunity?

Ok guys this is the deal. There is a guy selling his 07 GT with 26k miles, 2nd set of really ugly rims, offroad pipe, ford racing mufflers, SCT tuner, extra Diablo tuner, and a Paxton novi 1200 with the upgraded pulley and intercooler. Other than that its bone stock looking. I do not want this car for myself, I just bought my 08 7 months ago. My gf has a scion tc and she has been looking to maybe upgrade to a 350z or mustang GT. I told her that if she buys this car, I could take the supercharger off and pay her $$ for it so the trade up wont cost her as much. So, my question is how much is that supercharger system worth? Is that a good supercharger that I might like? Anyone with experience with these? Im really interested in the quality, durability, and ability to kick *** on the street of this supercharger. How hard is the install? Since it’s an 07, it has 5yr/60k warranty and she really wants a warranty, you think the dealer would be able to tell that the car had a supercharger before? I am thinking it might be a good upgrade for her and me (s/c) but I need to know info before.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:13 AM
whtcanbrwnd04u
5th Gear Member

Dude, take that sucker!
Old 02-10-2009, 01:01 PM
bolivianpimp
4th Gear Member

Yeah i much rather take it than what i have rigtht now, but is it a good system or would i be better off saving a bit more for a twin screw or turbo?
Old 02-10-2009, 05:21 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

best bang for the buck car is an '09 wrx (25k 13.5 1/4mile and 5.1 0-60 i believe) unless you are getting that 07 for like 19k.. as far as a used S/C value? hard to say.. new is about 5k.. used should be around 3500-4k at most..
Old 02-10-2009, 05:25 PM
owero01
5th Gear Member

Paxton makes good products. The car is a good deal. Go for it.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:43 PM
ruffrydertx
1st Gear Member

DO IT....DO IT....DO IT.....tell her she needs a real car...not that crappy scion tc....lmao...dont tell her i said that...we both know that car is a joke though...tell her you'll give her 3k for it cuz you're gonna have to pay to install and take it outta her car...what color is the stang? auto? why go through all that bs and just sell her yours n take the other one....or sell her yours and buy a vette....got you thinkin huh....lmao...holla
Old 02-10-2009, 05:49 PM
bolivianpimp
4th Gear Member

I could never get a WRX they look so bad to me. I have to stay with either a mustang or a vette. And definitely would just swap out the supercharger, my car looks waaaay better than that one. I just didnt know if the NOVI 1200 was a good supercharger, or if it might leave me wanting a twin screw down the road. Or if i should stop dumping money in my GT and get a used vette with a 6 speed. aaaaaaaaaaaaa pull my hair out.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:21 PM
whtcanbrwnd04u
5th Gear Member

Let me know if she gets it, and you don't take it.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:14 PM
bolivianpimp
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by whtcanbrwnd04u
Let me know if she gets it, and you don't take it.
You want to go F/I now, not summer 09 speed up the process haha
Old 02-10-2009, 09:58 PM
Grabber
5th Gear Member

Bolivian- The install is not very hard with this S/C It will take an average between 12-17 hours, depending on how you pace yourself, depending on if you have the right tools, and have a good guide to install it.

I will try to find you an install guide, including the parts breakdown, the tools required, and a step-by-step walkthrough. This is a good idea.

However, I have a buddy local, that has a Vortech Charged GT, he wants 20K for. 2007, GT, Vista Blue, cloth seats, 30K miles, Vortech, Full Exhaust, Meth kit, gauges, and other visuals. He may separate the Vortech from his car for approx. 2K. I'll find out.

Quick Reply: Paxton Novi upgrade opportunity?