Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just got my Mustang back from the dealer

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 08:48 PM
flapjack
I ♥ Acer

Default Just got my Mustang back from the dealer

They had to order a bunch of stuff. Here's what I told them were issues:

- Gas tank filling
- Front and rear end popping
- Oscillating noise from tranny
- Hard shifting/missed shifts
- Skipper1000 problems
- Clanking, rackety clutch

They ordered everything they needed to fix the popping sounds, gas tank and a new stereo.

They said they couldn't reproduce any of the tranny/shifting/clutch problems..... they're full of ****. What do you guys think?
Old 06-10-2005, 09:13 PM
Scaught
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Just got my Mustang back from the dealer

How many miles before all this started to happen to you? I am 800 miles and two weeks into my car and for the first time last night I had filling problems with the tank. Went from almost empty to 3/4 full and started spitting out. Skipper still hasn't skipped yet... No poping yet... not bad shifts not bad sounds... YET...

Fun Fun Fun is all I have had so far... Yet.
Old 06-10-2005, 09:22 PM
jmactenn

I just got mine back from the dealer also. When I took it in for it's 3000 mile service I pointed out the fuel filling problem, popping noises and trans problem.
They tried to give me some crap about the tanks and trans was ok. they ordered the upper isolators for the popping noise. I pointed out that there are TSBs about each of these problems. They came back with ordering the tank and a syncro and blocking ring. When the parts finally arrived and they took the tranny apart they found alot of metal in the tranny and the TSB said to replace it. So wait on the new tranny, which arrived yesterday and I got the car back today.

Don't let them give you any crap.

One other thing, I got the TSB info from casper here on these forums. Thanks casper!

Good luck

John
Old 06-10-2005, 09:44 PM
Zeio
1st Gear Member

I haven't taken mine in yet, but I plan to for the popping/creaking noise when turning at low speeds, and the whining noise between 35-60mph when i am either accelerating or decelerating, which may be the trans. I haven't had any Shaker1000 issues and only limited fuel tank issues, it seems to be isolated to certain pumps, and I am fine at other gas stations. I am wondering if this 'oscillating' sound you described is similar to my sound issue with the tranny... of course I do have an A/T not a manual, so I'm not sure yet. Hoping to get an appointment soon.
Old 06-10-2005, 11:54 PM
tammijoe
1st Gear Member

Just got my stang back from the dealership.
They had to do the front end.
They told me that there was no fix for the trans just yet.
If I didn't love my stang so much I think I would give up.[&o]
I guess they know that too.
Old 06-11-2005, 06:51 PM
flapjack
I ♥ Acer

All my problems were fairly immediate. I just wanted to wait until the first service and a solution to the front end popping.

ORIGINAL: Scaught

How many miles before all this started to happen to you? I am 800 miles and two weeks into my car and for the first time last night I had filling problems with the tank. Went from almost empty to 3/4 full and started spitting out. Skipper still hasn't skipped yet... No poping yet... not bad shifts not bad sounds... YET...

Fun Fun Fun is all I have had so far... Yet.
Old 06-11-2005, 06:52 PM
flapjack
I ♥ Acer

Do you have a link to the TSB info? It would help my case alot.

ORIGINAL: jmactenn

I just got mine back from the dealer also. When I took it in for it's 3000 mile service I pointed out the fuel filling problem, popping noises and trans problem.
They tried to give me some crap about the tanks and trans was ok. they ordered the upper isolators for the popping noise. I pointed out that there are TSBs about each of these problems. They came back with ordering the tank and a syncro and blocking ring. When the parts finally arrived and they took the tranny apart they found alot of metal in the tranny and the TSB said to replace it. So wait on the new tranny, which arrived yesterday and I got the car back today.

Don't let them give you any crap.

One other thing, I got the TSB info from casper here on these forums. Thanks casper!

Good luck

John
Old 06-11-2005, 07:14 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: flapjack

Do you have a link to the TSB info? It would help my case alot.
Look in the Tech Info Archive Forum: https://mustangforums.com/forumid_240/tt.htm

Several TSBs are posted there.
Old 06-11-2005, 07:46 PM
Redfire
3rd Gear Member

Thanks Don! I saved that to Favs too. Be great if all Mustang TSBs were in there!
Old 06-11-2005, 07:54 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Redfire

Thanks Don! I saved that to Favs too. Be great if all Mustang TSBs were in there!

If you can't find the TSB you are looking for from that link, then try this one. Between the two sites they should have all of them covered.

Quick Reply: Just got my Mustang back from the dealer